Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Playback Failed (UPNP & Mac)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

My humble apologies, but I'm a total noob to xbmc. I read yesterday that people had jailbroken their appletv2 and run xbmc on it, which grabbed my attention as I'd like to be able to connect to my UPNP Stora device through the ATV2 to access my home videos, movies, and music.

Before jailbreaking my ATV2 however, I thought I'd try it out on my Mac's first, just to confirm if it works.

I was quite fortunate enough to grab Beta 3, so I gave it go. It looks terrific and I was very excited about what it could do. Unfortunately when I tried to play a number of movie files on my UPNP NAS (a Netgear Stora), I got the "working..." icon at the bottom right, before receiving a "playback failed" message. I thought, well, it's a beta version, so I'll download v.10 (the stable version) and give it go. Same thing. Same movies.

Just to confirm, I can play those same movies using VLC, and a number of other media players, but they just won't play on xbmc. As I mentioned initially, I'd like to see this working on my Mac's before I jailbreak my ATV2, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've turned on debugging, and copied my xbmc log to pastebin as I notice a lot of people on the forums are asked to do so. Again, I'm a noob at this too, so I've attached the embedded link I was given on Pastebin below. I'm not sure if it will work though.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=DFgC97M9

In addition, I've restarted my Mac multiple times, closed iTunes (I read that they may cause a problem), and tried Beta 2, Beta 3, and the stable version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

D
could you post a log taken with eden beta3 please - cause this is the version we are working on (log looks like dharma or so)
Will see what I can do re the log; but what I managed to do was connect to my Stora via SMB. I've not had any problems playing movies since... EXCEPT, when I enter my Music Videos Folder. Whether using Dharma or Eden B3 it crashes. I think, if I can get this problem fixed, then I'll be happy. It'll be exactly what I want.

Here's the crash report for that error....

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=vEAA8pkn
don't put the pastebin links in that "script things" ... just copy the url from your browser address field and put it in your post - it will be converted to a link automatically.

For the crash - never seen that one before. Turn off the RSS feed might work around it for now.