Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you have the same issue with playlists stored in special://profile/playlists/video/ ?

Can you send me your email by MP, I cannot post attachments Sad
Or can you simply edit randomandlastitems.py and add the line in bold :

Code:
if PLAYLIST == "":
        PLAYLIST = "videodb://1/2/"
    json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "%s", "media": "video", "properties": ["year", "runtime", "file", "playcount", "rating", "plot", "fanart", "thumbnail", "resume", "trailer"]}, "id": 1}' %(PLAYLIST))
    json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
    json_pl_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
    [b]print("JSON_PL_RESPONSE=",json_pl_response)[/b]

and give me the log file.

Thanks.
mikebzh44 Wrote:Or can you simply edit randomandlastitems.py and add the line in bold :

Code:
if PLAYLIST == "":
        PLAYLIST = "videodb://1/2/"
    json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "%s", "media": "video", "properties": ["year", "runtime", "file", "playcount", "rating", "plot", "fanart", "thumbnail", "resume", "trailer"]}, "id": 1}' %(PLAYLIST))
    json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
    json_pl_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
    [b]print("JSON_PL_RESPONSE=",json_pl_response)[/b]

and give me the log file.

Thanks.

here you go:
Code:
15:23:08 T:5016 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for ['special://masterprofile/playlists/video/Dokumentationen.xsp']
15:23:08 T:5016 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
15:23:08 T:5016 WARNING: XFILE::CFactoryDirectory::Create - Unsupported protocol('special) in 'special://masterprofile/playlists/video/Dokumentationen.xsp'
15:23:08 T:5016  NOTICE: ('JSON_PL_RESPONSE=', {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Invalid params.', u'code': -32602}})
15:23:08 T:5016   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
15:23:08 T:5016   ERROR: Error Contents: ('result',)
15:23:08 T:5016   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\max\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 181, in <module>
                                                _getMovies()
                                              File "C:\Users\max\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 50, in _getMovies
                                                if (json_pl_response['result'] != None) and (json_pl_response['result'].has_key("files")):
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
15:23:08 T:4576   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
15:23:19 T:2324   ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Thanks!

mad-max
Could you test with this calling (without ' before and after each parameter value):

Code:
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=3,method=Last,playlist=special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,menu=Menu1)</onload>

On my PC, I've got the same error as you if I put '

Maybe I have to handle this case and remove it when parsing parameters.
mikebzh44 Wrote:Could you test with this calling (without ' before and after each parameter value):

Code:
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=3,method=Last,playlist=special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,menu=Menu1)</onload>

On my PC, I've got the same error as you if I put '

Maybe I have to handle this case and remove it when parsing parameters.

That did the trick...Now it works like a charm...
Thanks!

BTW and a bit OT: I recoded the GUI.ViewInstaller Window from 1080i to 720p...if you are interested, I can send you the xml...

mm
mad-max Wrote:That did the trick...Now it works like a charm...
Thanks!

BTW and a bit OT: I recoded the GUI.ViewInstaller Window from 1080i to 720p...if you are interested, I can send you the xml...

mm
For the ', I will try to manage it in the script.

For your GUI windows, send it me by email (send by PM)
hello mikebzh44, its a wonderful script, unfortunately I am having trouble running it. here is the pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uJiwQW1B
Iam on windows 7x64, Eden 3b, tried in Glass & Aeon Nox
Would appreciate any help
Hello.

I think that you shouldn't put PlayMedia when setting playlist=

Right way is :

playlist=special://profile/playlists/videos/Bollywood Hollywood.xsp

Sent from my mobile with tapatalk.
mikebzh44 Wrote:Sent from my mobile with tapatalk.

LaughLaughLaugh
It's not funny.

My father in law (father of my wife) doesn't have Internet and I have to spend all my week-end in his house Sad

Sent from my mobile with tapatalk.
No Internet is hard, but since when does forum.xbmc.org support tapatalk?
That's why I laughed...

Thought you were joking...

mm
You're all right Wink

No tapatalk for forum.xbmc.org Sad

Sent from my Galaxy S Tongue
mikebzh44, could you please elaborate on the setting playlist part , i looked and found the playmedia reference and deleted it but It did not do anything, the playlists are working properly otherwise and I am not sure why this isnt working for me.. could yourself or anyone else please guide me how to.. will be much appreciated .. Thanks
Shaktoo, are you a skinner and do you want to add my script to your skin ?

Or are you only a XBMC user ?

If you are a skinner, you should call my script this way :

XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,playlist=special://profile/playlists/video/Bollywood Hollywood.xsp,method=Last,menu=Menu1)

And use the properties returned :

PlaylistLastMovieMenu1.Count
PlaylistLastMovieMenu1.1.Title
PlaylistLastMovieMenu1.2.Title

as describe in the README.txt

If you are only a user, you have to use a skin that can handle my script. The only one I know is Glass but you have to install version 112 or higher.
Add skin 'Aeon Nox' to the list SVN/Git version.