Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Video entries show up in Beta 2 but are missing from Beta 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded and started to use Eden Beta 3 and I noticed that some library entries that show up in Beta 1 and 2 are now missing when I run Beta 3.

In this picture taken using Beta 2, you can see the library entries for Justice League - Crisis on Two Earths and Green Lantern - First Flight:

When I go to the same library folder under Beta 3, both video entries are missing:
Post a xbmc.log ... maybe upgrading the db goes wrong and it picks a wrong old db which was not up to date?
I think there is some confusion that I want to clarify. First of all, I did not do an update of my library from Beta 2 to Beta 3. I am accessing the library in files mode and that is why in Beta 2 there is no meta data being displayed. The displaying of meta data, in files mode, was fixed in Beta 3. So all I was doing was running Beta 3 on the same library that I used for Beta 2 which can be seen in the two pictures I posted.

Here is the debug log.

Thanks.
I managed to fix the issue. I ran Beta 2 and exported the library to a single file, deleted the Thumbnails, MyVideos.db and Textures.db. I the ran Beta 3 and imported the exported library. All video entres are now showing up.
Accessing the files in library or file view won't change that the video DB automatically gets upgraded when you use Beta 3 from Beta 2.
Ned,

Is there something that I needed to do when I switched from Beta 2 to Beta 3 as far as the library is concerned?

Interesting thing. Before I exported the library I could get the meta data to show up as seen in the second picture I posted. When I imported the library to a single file under Beta 2 and then imported the library in Beta 3 none of the meta data is showing up as seen in this picture:

Another thing I tried was then run Beta 3 and export the library to a single file again, deleted the Thumbnails, MyVideos.db and Textures.db. I then examined the exported library output and sure enough the missing video entries were generated as seen here:

In Beta 3 I then imported the exported single file. When I went to the folder the video entries for Justice League and Green Lantern were again not showing up:
I finally figured out what was happening. I did not realize that there was a new side navigation menu entry that allowed you to select between "ALL VIDEOS", "WATCHED", "UNWATCHED". When I selected "ALL VIDEOS" then all the video entries showed up.
harr