Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: newbie...thumbnail and info issues,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

This is probably an obvious fix but i cant figure it out. I had xbmc a short while back and it downloaded all the thumbnails and movie/tv info for me but this time it hasn't. Is this something to do with eden 3? or is it because i am using upnp instead of samba or I am i just being thick and haven't ticked a box somewhere? If someone could help me out I would be so grateful

Will

P.S. i apologise if this has already been asked...and if it has could someone direct me to the thread...thank you
If you save your XBMC files to a location that XBMC sees, it will "scrape" the files on startup and get all your art for you.
So its because im using UPNP, that xbmc cant get the file info?
I can't help with the samba vs upnp choice, but I will ask some basic questions that might help.

When you selected the source (share or local folder)for your media, did you also select what type of media was in the folder and which scraper to use? If XBMC doesn't know what type of media files you have in the folder it doesn't know how to where to go or what to get for the media (thumbs and fanart). That may be an obvious answer, but like you said it is a basic question.

GL finding the solution!
meska Wrote:So its because im using UPNP, that xbmc cant get the file info?

That's correct.
Diggs Wrote:I can't help with the samba vs upnp choice, but I will ask some basic questions that might help.

When you selected the source (share or local folder)for your media, did you also select what type of media was in the folder and which scraper to use? If XBMC doesn't know what type of media files you have in the folder it doesn't know how to where to go or what to get for the media (thumbs and fanart). That may be an obvious answer, but like you said it is a basic question.

GL finding the solution!

Yes i did select the scraper for each folder... I believe it may be down to Upnp not sending over specific info...i think it sends a number or something instead so that xbmc doesnt know what to download. Also if im correct upnp doesnt have a static address so xbmc cant save the info. This is such a shame... as samba seems to be laggy and slow whereas upnp is fluid and fast. Hopefully one day the xbmc genius's will come up with a solution.