Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV2, samba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I stream movies over samba (freebsd) have I a issue with buffering...
When I use ftp connection to the same freebsd box their are no problem...

Somebody else who have problem when they use XBMC on ATV2 against samba on a freebsd box?

I`m using MKV files.
Samba/SMB seems to use more protocol overhead than other options in some cases, both in network data and in the ATV2's CPU usage.
Ned Scott Wrote:Samba/SMB seems to use more protocol overhead than other options in some cases, both in network data and in the ATV2's CPU usage.

Can it be a solution to adjust MTU? Possible to adjust MTU just for SMB traffic?
It is okey for me to use FTP, but I have one problem using FTP. Sometimes I lost the connection... and need to rebbot appel TV or XBMC to get the connection over FTP up again... If I try to start a movie from the library it give me a message "movie is not longer avaible.." ask me if I want to delete the movie from the library or not.. I choice NO and just rebbot ATV.. and start XBMC again now the movie works... When I start XBMC and it starts to update library I can also see that it just quite before it is finihsh update the library... (because the connection over FTP is lost..) FTP is placed on local network and I have gigabit ethernet....