Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: what skin/s are you using
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am just curious what skins other people are using

i find myself switching between several different ones constantly for different reasons

the ones i switch between are

Confluence Mod (Mad-Max)
Fusion Migma V2
Metroplis
Transparency

i like each one for different reasons

what do you use and do you use it exclusively and if so why?
Aeon Nox for the most part. I've played around with almost every skin out there but I keep coming back to Nox. It's fairly fast given the eye candy factor, the view options are very attractive, and I haven't encountered any bugginess.

I've also played around a lot with Xeebo, which gets megapoints for usability, quickness, and simplicity. I'm...just a major junkie for fanart and eye candy, and Xeebo is expressly designed to not appeal to my interest there. If you're into something that is extremely efficient and has a noticeably different (and, arguably, better) approach to organizing everything, that's a good one to look at.

The other one I've spent most time with is ReFocus. I ended up dropping it for two reasons: didn't like how it handled some menu navigation (previous menu commands seemed to be handled inconsistently) and, more importantly, as an Apple junkie I ended up getting all sadface over constantly staring at something inspired by Windows Media Center -- which, I totally cede, is actually very attractive, I can just handle only so much Microsoftyness.

Really eager to see Alaska HD come to fruition, and Precession looks incredibly cool.

Basically every other skin I've played with doesn't quite meet my needs and/or looks a bit hoaky to me.
I've landed on Confluence after trying virtually every skin in existence. It's simply got the best usability. But I dabble in Metropolis as well, I only wish it had more options so I could tweak it to my liking.
I use Neon. I have tried a couple of different skins, but i always switch back to Neon.
I used Aeon Nox, and now looking at Breeze i't looks nice.
Still waiting for some things to be added/sorted out.