Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE/XBMCbuntu] No digital Audio, Eden 3 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as usual there is no audio. Even when setting audio to Digital/Coax or HDMI, the box still just outputs analog audio. Quite annoying.

I'm using the latest XBMCbuntu thingy with Eden 3 beta. This is the hardware:

- Zotac ION ITX-U
- 4GB RAM
- 30GB SSD

I don't get it. HDMI has never worked on anything, ever, but at least I could get coaxial to work back when I was using XBMC Live Dharma. I can't revert, since Dharma crashes when I use my remote (Boxee Remote).

The current settings are Defaults(ALSA) on audio output device and iec958 (ALSA) on Passthrough output device.

Is there anything magical you gotta do on Eden to get digital audio? And why is it always so hard getting HDMI audio to work?

EDIT: Lost all audio now. Not even analogue would work. I'll try again when Eden is finished I guess. Went to OpenELEC instead for now.
Terminal --> sudo alsamixer, there choose "hdmi-soundcard" and unmute it (push M). Works after that. This issue was already in XBMCFreak´s XBMCBuntu Beta2 and hasn´t been fixed yet.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when if I go for XBMCBuntu when it reaches final version. Smile
XBMCbuntu i3MB GT520 HDMI for video & audio. No problems.