Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help building my XBMC media network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I've a couple of devices (computers, NAS, etc) that I want to connect in order to create a home "media network" capable of sending audio to every room and video too if possible.

I've a XBMC HTPC (with 6Tb) in my bedroom, connected to my LCD and receiver. It's also connected to a Linksys switch (as well as my PS3 and Meo Box), which is connected to a Thomson TG784 router in my entrance hall.
At the entrance hall I've a 2Tb WD MyBook Live (for my MBP backup) connected to the router. My MBP connects wirelessly but I also have a cable from my desk to the router.
At the living room I also have a Meo Box connected to the router and a "sound station" (don't know what to call it) that sends audio to several wall-mounted speakers in both bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen but it's not being used. The "sound station" is very basic and only has white/red RCA plugs and an on/off button.
Finally I've a Google Nexus S that I use as a remote.

What I want is:
- to be able to make my HTPC stream audio to another computer/device connected to the "sound station" (controlling the HTPC from my cell phone)
- to be able to stream audio from iTunes on my MBP to the HTPC (airplay) or the living room computer/media device
- if possible, also stream movies from my HTPC to the living room TV, if possible trough the same computer/device that's connected to the "sound station"

I have an old Asus R2H available but I don't mind buying something else to receive media content in my living room (WD Live, Airport Express, etc).

So... Any ideas?