Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume - Mouse button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By default, the scroll mouse function controls forward/rewind.
Can I bind the scroll function to control volume instead? (I tried using search feature, I couldn't find anything on this, thanks)
This will only work in Eden as earlier versions of XBMC didn't allow you to configure mouse actions.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

and click OK, and answer Yes when XBMC asks if you want to create a new file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes, and the mouse wheel will now control the volume.

JR
Thanks for this, I also wanted to do this lately. Cheers muchly.
Thank you for this. I too have been looking for it.

But, is it possible to make it applicable to playing videos --and for everything else making it scroll?
Put it in the <FullScreenVideo> section (or thereabouts - check keyboard.xml)
(2012-03-27, 01:35)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Put it in the <FullScreenVideo> section (or thereabouts - check keyboard.xml)

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

JR
Thank you guys.

So, apparently there are at least 2 tags ( <global>, <FullscreenVideo> ) that I can use.

I tried to check the wiki but couldn't find anything relevant.

What other tags are there?
(2012-03-28, 20:07)adem0x Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you guys.

So, apparently there are at least 2 tags ( <global>, <FullscreenVideo> ) that I can use.

I tried to check the wiki but couldn't find anything relevant.

What other tags are there?

What other tags are there forHuh

did you mean you wanted to know what other sectionother than <global> section that you can specifiyHuh
If so a number of window sections (such as <Home>). replace "home" with window "name" found here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

Found this on the ....
keymap wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml

(2012-03-28, 21:48)cruzannavy Wrote: [ -> ]did you mean you wanted to know what other sectionother than <global> section that you can specifiyHuh

Since XBMC is quite big on XML Big Grin, I thought it I too might as well refer to those identifiers as 'tag's.

Quote:If so a number of window sections (such as <Home>). replace "home" with window "name" found here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

But, seeing that there's a little too much for me to digest in one go, I think it's best to ask for help here --again.

While playing a movie, I find it very annoying that a large rectangular info screen comes up at the bottom every single time the mouse moves (even a single pixel). Is there someway I can get rid of this intrusive behavior?

IOW, during playback, can I map the 'mouse move' action to something else --such as the 'i' letter on the keyboard.
make a mouse.xml in your keymap directory liek jhsrennie and jmarshall said https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master.../mouse.xml and map the mouse move to what u want it to do*** remmber what window sectionyou want to put it in , ie global, home, fullscreenvideo... also using "noop" (no use) ie "<mousemove>noop</mousemove>" basicaly renders the mouse non operative or to whatever command u want

(2012-03-29, 21:21)cruzannavy Wrote: [ -> ]make a mouse.xml in your keymap directory liek jhsrennie and jmarshall said https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master.../mouse.xml and map the mouse move to what u want it to do*** remmber what window sectionyou want to put it in , ie global, home, fullscreenvideo... also using "noop" (no use) ie "<mousemove>noop</mousemove>" basicaly renders the mouse non operative or to whatever command u want

Thanks guys; you're all a treasure each.

One final question: Are there templates for mouse.xml and keyboard.xml (with all the defaults to begin with) that I could start to modify.
(2012-03-30, 02:39)adem0x Wrote: [ -> ]One final question: Are there templates for mouse.xml and keyboard.xml (with all the defaults to begin with) that I could start to modify.

Look in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps and you'll find the master mapping files. You shouldn't modify any of these, but you can scan through them to see what sections and keynames are available.

Alternatively just grab KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
Exactly what Jhsrennie said, you could just copy the master to the userdata folder section, reason not to edit master, it will be overwritten when you upgrade or reinstall etc, PLUS userdata keymap override the masters Wink
please help I have posted in another section even started a thread about this same problem like a year ago

if you cant make the scroll wheel do what you want then I simply dont want the mouse scroll wheel to do anything at all when video is being played back

in the latest build 11.0 when the OSD is up and you move the scroll wheel it waits till the OSD goes away before it does anything, so I bump the mouse and think its OK until the OSD goes away and all of a sudden its effing 10 min further into the movie

how can this not be a problem for any developers?
why cant there just be an option in the menu to disable the mouse scroll wheel during playback?
why does it wait till the OSD goes away before doing anything
and another problem, why cant the OSD stay up when I am fast fordwarding, just make it normal please

here is what is already in my mouse.xml file I never created it it was just there, where do I put this because I have tried a few places and it will do nothing or disable the mouse buttons globally

also I copied this from the file, it has spaces in it properly and shows up that way but when I post it it all gets the spaces removed , whats wrong with this forums system?

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
<middleclick>middleclick</middleclick>
<rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
<doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
<wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
<wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
<mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
<mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
</mouse>
</global>
<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>
</keymap>
Hi I am new here and very fresh on this thing.

If I want a the mouse toggle volume only in full screen videos what do i do then? I have tried everything but havent gotten it to work, its either volume toggle in all of XBMC or not at all.

Would very much appreciate basic help on this.
Pages: 1 2