Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Some Albums missing in Music Library Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noob alert! ... I'm trying to set up an OpenELEC setup for the first time.

I store all my music on a Win7 PC in the 'Public' area and have added that as a music source in xbmc. Scanned that location to build a music db. However, of the over 200 albums I have on the networked location, only 132 have appeared in xbmc Library view. If I switch out of Library Mode, I can nav to the missing albums and they still play okay.

Any idea why these 70 or so albums are not in the Library? I've tried cleaning the Library and rescanning. I've also tried deleting the Music.db and starting again ... but same result.

All the albums are visible in iTunes with correct Album Art and artist info, so I'm guessing all the tags are okay.

Cheers,

Briddles
Think I've fixed it. It was the MP3 tags after all. So, just because it all displays okay in iTunes, don't assume the individual files are tagged okay. I'm in the process of re-tagging everything with 'Picard' software (as recommended in the XBMC Wiki).

Briddles
If you find some files XBMC doesn't read the tags of, you could post one on dropbox or similar and ask someone else to test.
Now I'm confused. Last night I had 200+ albums referenced in the music library. Today, that has dropped to 60 ... and yet I can still navigate across the network (if I drop out of Library mode) to view and play the files. Any ideas anyone?
briddles Wrote:Now I'm confused. Last night I had 200+ albums referenced in the music library. Today, that has dropped to 60 ... and yet I can still navigate across the network (if I drop out of Library mode) to view and play the files. Any ideas anyone?

Okay ... here is my workaround (open ELEC)

* Exit Library Mode
* Context menu for the smb mapped drive
* Update Library

Seems to work ... so far at least.

Briddles
Make sure you don't have "update libraries on startup" enabled unless you KNOW that the network shares are always accessible. Not accessible -> say bye to your scanned music.
jmarshall Wrote:Make sure you don't have "update libraries on startup" enabled unless you KNOW that the network shares are always accessible. Not accessible -> say bye to your scanned music.

Yep. Was about to update my last post.

I've also disabled the following options:

Programs -> OpenELEC OS Settings -> Update Music Database on Wakeup
System -> Music -> Library -> Update library on startup

Confusing thing is, the info dialog/banner at top of screen (when they were enabled) seemed to suggest that the smb map was being scanned okay ... and I was streaming music at the time, so I know the network connection was live and working.

Will update this thread once I know if the workaround is working okay.

Briddles