Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display Too Dark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After some issues with linux based XBMCs (XBMC Live never worked and Openelec had a minor stuttering issue), I've been unhappily using Windows on my little Zotac ION box for a while. It sucks in every way expect the most important: video playback is perfect.

With the release of XBMCbuntu Eden beta 3, I figured I'd give linux another shot. So far it's promising except for one issue. The display is too dark. I solved this exact issue in Openelec by adding "Option "ColorSpace" "YCbCr444"" to the Display section of the xorg.conf file, but with XBMCbuntu, this didn't seem to do the trick.

I'd rather not adjust the brightness of my display itself as it's been pretty nicely calibrated and I know XBMC on Windows and Openelec (after the xorg change) can output the right brightness/colorspace for my needs. Any ideas what I need to change to either get the colorspace change to stick or to get the brightness up in some other fashion?
If it is the same issue I had it is related to settings on the TV. Dynamic something has to be disabled. It has been discussed before, perhaps you can find that thread for more information.