Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Occasional stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been having this issue for a while where for no rhyme or reason, when I watch videos that I have ripped to MKV files, I will get stuttering ... I've tried to find a common reason behind the issue but so far .. nothing. And it only lasts for a few seconds .. clears up .. and everything is fine.

Now .. I am running XBMC on a AMD (forget the proc off the top of my head .. 6 core CPU though) 64-bit Windows 7 (all effects disabled) 4 GB of DDR3 RAM ... 2 x 2 TB drives configured in RAID 0 running the movies (happened when I was running on just one drive as well) and a ATI HD 6xxx series video card.

Basically the best way I can explain it, is it smells and feels like the machine runs low on memory (system or otherwise) for a bit, but then it catches up ... I've checked performance monitor while this happens and my memory/pagefile are all fine.

So that leads me to believe I am either not encoding something right or I have a setting off inside of XBMC somewhere ... I've gone through and disabled things I am not using (RSS feeds, etc) in the menus but still get it.

Can anyone point me in a direction of something to check? Or am I too low on memory and need to upgrade to 8 GB?

Thanks.