Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows repeatedly being added to the Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem with my Videos library.

The Library is in a MySQL Database on my Home Server and although the library is accessed across many devices, I only have one computer set to check for Updates. Every time I open XBMC on this "master" computer it will do an automatic scan of my TV Shows folder, and re-add everything, creating duplicates.

Even if I let this process finish completely as soon as I close and re-open XBMC it starts again from scratch.

Is this a fixable issue? If I have to delete my Library and start again, I will be very upset!

Debug Log http://pastebin.com/bfGXwJ5R
Your log did not contain a scan but I would hazard to guess that you have two sources that overlap. For example:

c:\media\tvshows
C:\media

If those are both set to scan for TV Shows, you could end up with duplicate file names. Keep in mind that it may be something slightly more complicated like:

c:\media\tvshows
\\samecomputer\tvshows

Since you mentioned that you have multiple computers, are they all running the same version of XBMC? Multiple instances can mean multiple versions and multiple (shared) databases. If you are not careful, this will mean that your ATV2s have a different database than your XBMCbuntu installations versus your Windows machines.
Thanks for your reply.

I've got a PC, a Macbook and a HTPC running Live, all are 10.1

I've checked my sources, I only have 3;

Quote:<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://hpserver/videos/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Films HD</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://hpserver/videos hd/Films/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Films</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://hpserver/films/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>
Your sources have nothing to do with this.

What matters is whether you have 2 paths in the database that point to the same files.

You can check this with:

select * from path;

in mysql.