Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml does not seem to be read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I upgraded to the team-xbmc unstable build from 10.1. It works great, but it would seem that ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml is no longer being read/parsed.

My advancedsettings.xml contains some stuff to ignore samples and some custom scraping. It worked before in Dharma, but exactly these things don't seem to work anymore in Eden. That's why I'm suspecting the advancedsettings.xml.

This is it:
Code:
cat ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>

<video>
                <excludefromscan>
                        <regexp>trailer</regexp>
                        <regexp>sample</regexp>
                </excludefromscan>
        </video>

<tvshowmatching>
                <regexp>[Ss](\d\d).?[Ee](\d\d+)</regexp> <!-- s01?e01* -->
                <regexp>(\d)x(\d{1,2})</regexp> <!-- 2x01 -->
                <!-- <regexp>[Ss]([0-9][0-9]).+[\\/].+[Ee]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp> S01*/*E01* -->
        </tvshowmatching>

<measurerefreshrate>true</measurerefreshrate>

</advancedsettings>

Any help would be appreciated!
check the xbmc log, it will tell you if the file is being read.

Mike
The XML looks fine. As Dilligaf says, the log file will tell you if your advancedsettings.xml is being read. Taking my log file as an example, you should see something like:

Code:
12:34:00 T:2820  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
12:34:00 T:2820  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <loglevel>1</loglevel>
                                              <gui>
                                                <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                              </gui>
                                            </advancedsettings>

JR
Hmm I should've thought of that. My bad. The log shows the contents are loaded.

This means that there's something else wrong. Have there been changes with respect to regexes?
If the formating from the XBMC advancedsettings.xml guide is correct...try this :-)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...3Cvideo.3E

<video>
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>