Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Corrupt Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to install a skin manually and now it has left me with blank pages and i need to revert to a skin that works. How can i delete the skin i have installed. I can't see anything on the screen so navigation is impossible!
Delete guisettings.xml, or edit it accordingly.
g1za Wrote:I have tried to install a skin manually and now it has left me with blank pages and i need to revert to a skin that works. How can i delete the skin i have installed. I can't see anything on the screen so navigation is impossible!

Best is to delete the installed skin. You can find it here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
in the 'addons' folder instead of the mentioned 'userdata' folder in the wiki.

And do a restart of XBMC and you will revert to Confluence
not knowing much about ubuntu how do i navigate to the folder in cmd prompt. i can't ftp into it
Load XBMC

Press CTRL+F2
Login using the user/pass you setup during install (guessing this is XBMCBuntu?), this is the Command Line for Ubuntu.

Type -
Code:
cd /home/(USERNAME)/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data
replace (USERNAME) with the user you setup with (usually xbmc)

then find the name of the offending skin name by typing
Code:
dir

and then type -
Code:
sudo rm skin.(skin-name-here) -r
this will remove the conflicting add-on.

Then reboot -
Code:
sudo reboot
Should reload and go back to Confluence.
hi thanks for that but the directory is empty once i get to the add_ondata folder
g1za Wrote:hi thanks for that but the directory is empty once i get to the add_ondata folder

you need (i think because i don't use ubuntu):
PHP Code:
cd /home/(USERNAME)/.xbmc/addons 
sorry that didn't work managed to delete the guisettings.xml but that didn't fix it. This is doing my head in!!!
managed to sort it. found the file in the end thanks for your help