Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [linux] HDMI audio and AAC playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have 2 Audio issues, please bare with me while i explain

I am on XBMC eden 3
I am running ubuntu 11.10 with the full desktop, and an alternative xbmc boot
My hardware is a GTS210 connected via hdmi to the tv, an spdif connection runs from the tv to the amp (DTS 5.1)
I have 2.0 working through the amp, changes to 5.1 make no difference
from the desktop i can go into the alsa control panel and select from about 3 different 2.0 hdmi connections, and 3 5.1 hdmi connections, however audio only comes from 1 of each
switching to hdmi 5.1 and doing a speaker test from the alsa control panel still only gives me 2.0

Likewise, going to the xbmc session, ie no desktop, i have no audio whatsoever, and a lot of hdmi options inside xbmc

So, i wanted to check if it was possible to pass 5.1 through the tv to the amp
so i booted into xbmcbuntu and audio works flawlessly, on 5.1 and dts, all i have to select is nvidia hdmi

Which brings the other problem, i have a handful of files showing as encoded as "aac" in xbmc, on playback these files seem to be completely missing the centre channel

What i would like to achieve is getting the full audio working from within my current desktop ( ireally do not want to try and re install) and from the xbmc session

Note, these issues may have arisen when i swapped from an nvidia card to my current card, however i did not have an amp set up at he time

Many thanks