Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [XBMCUbuntu] No IP address via ethernet unless I boot into Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having trouble for sometime now with my Acer Revo getting an IP address via DHCP and my hardwired connection.

This problem has been on all the beta's and my previous version 10x

I've been getting around the problem by dropping back to command line, after XBMC comes up, and restarting the networking which works fine ( if not a pain LOL )

So, I happened to try selecting recovery from the grub loader a couple of days ago and when it came up it was working fine with networking up from the get go. I'm super happy.

My question ( as I'm not experienced enough with Ubuntu ) is how can I use what ever the recovery option does automatically rather than me having to grab a keyboard on reboot, select recovery and also clicking continue continue ( which the recovery option prompts for)

I did click e for edit in the grub loader but I have no idea how to save any changes.

Anyone able to help me ?

Thanks

Si
Why not just statically assign an address?

You'd need to post logs to see why DHCP is failing on your adapter. One workaround may be to script a networking restart. This addresses the symptom not the problem.

You can add a network restart to /etc/rc.local along with a delay.