Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cvs 18 may 05-xbmc hang at end of movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as at the cvs 18 may 05, i had played some rmvb movies and had the problem taht xbmc hanged at the last frame when movie is completed i.e. it does not go back to the file-listing menu. however, if i will to stop the movie before the last frame, i'm able to go back to the file-listing menu.
seem that the problem does not occur for all files. my files are stream using smb over my lan from my server dvdrom player (i.e. stream from a dvdr). looks like files that have slight reading problem will cause the problem. maybe when no data is streamed in time, xbmc will just lock-up.
i would think a steady flow of data for xbmc to work with is a good 1st step for everything to work alright.

what you describe doesnt sound like it, and i wouldnt call it a bug
agree it should not be a bug. however can the streaming algorithm time-out if there is no good stream of data and return to the file-listing menu instead of locking out.

i also do notice that i have the same lockup with internet video if there is no data streamed over the internet. i have to reboot.

maybe a time-out with a message dialog will exit the function gracefully.
tried again, this time even with good stream from my smb dvdrom, xbmc hang again but with a setting of hdspindown after 5 mins.

however with the same file before the hdspindown there is no problem.

is it that after hdspindown, it cannot be startup that cause the problem?
i flagged the same issue with bug #1201189:
bug 1201189
and a post here on the forum:
forum post

with further tests i've noticed that it jumps in with skipping and showing the panel, that seems related to the debug log i've posted on the bug report, that says:

16-05-2005 21:12:12 error error loading texture: osd_panel.png: 57
16-05-2005 21:12:12 error texture manager unable to load bundled file: osd_panel.png

gg