Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Updated for Eden: HDHomerun plugin for easy access to TV streams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a video plugin for XBMC that allows easy access to live TV streams provided by any HDHomerun box connected to the local network. Uses the built-in hdhomerun:// protocol support to actually display the video.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-hdhomerun-plugin/

It is now updated to work with Eden (tested with beta 3).

It currently only works with Linux and needs you to manually install the latest libhdhomerun library (apt-get install libhdhomerun1).

NB: If the hdhomerun library which is part of the XBMC release could be updated to a more modern version this last step wouldn't be necessary which would allow the plugin to be included in the official repository. Windows and Mac support would be possible as well I guess.
quintesse - any chance of you putting together a windows port?
Would LOVE a windows port of this.
does this work for the hdhomerun prime?
Does this peacefully co-exist with Windows Media Center accessing the HDHR Tuner as well?
I'm running CrystalBuntu on my ATV and have an HDHomerun setup on my network. I can access the TV channels fine (via the Video Source that points to the .strm files) - but I want to take advantage of the PVR capabilities in the CrystalBuntu flavor of XBMC. Anybody have any step by step or other details that would assist me in knowing what to do? I'm new to Linux but have SSH acces via Putty and/or WinSCP to the ATV...just haven't found a comprehensive posting on what needs to be done - specifically for this particular setup.

IE: sounds like I would need to update the libhdhomerun library also?

Any assistance/pointers/resources would he greatly appreciated.
is anyone using this with crystalbuntu for the atv 1?
is there a video demo of this plugin working. I need to decided whether to purchase a HDhomerun and use this plugin? Stuck on whether it is worth paying the money for the device. A little demo video would help me consider its pros and cons.
This works well in xbmcbuntu,i just installed it.Now if there is a way to delete the encrypted channels that would be even better.I could not find them in WinSCP to edit them.
basically need to know is there a TV guide with it? How quickly do the channels channel? How does it appear when used with additional skins etc.
(2012-08-17, 13:45)bertybassett Wrote: [ -> ]is there a video demo of this plugin working. I need to decided whether to purchase a HDhomerun and use this plugin? Stuck on whether it is worth paying the money for the device. A little demo video would help me consider its pros and cons.

I would love to see a demo too...
It's not pretty, but it works very well and is simple.

I can make a video tomorrow and post it watching channels and running a scan for channels.
@brookz that would be super great.