Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Regenerating thumnails after moving sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll soon be moving all my data to a prorietary nas device after years of diy nas-ing.

I'm currently experimenting with mysql databases and path relocated thumbnails.

Works good, I can chage the paths in mysql but since the thumbs seem to have paths embedded in them, moving the paths from say smb://centos to nfs://nas invalidates them all.

Is there a way to force xbmc to relink the thumbs?

Is there a way to dump all thumbs and force xbmc to refetch them?

What's a fella to do?

thx
1. Export your video library to a single file/folder structure. It will export the thumbs as readable names.

2. Run through videodb.xml that it exports and update all the paths - some may be trickier than others if you have lots of stacks/rars.

3. Reimport.

Note that your old cached thumbs will be useless, so you could delete them (or move them elsewhere) between 1 and 3.
Are there any plans to implement the ability to regenerate the thumb Hash on what the current path is set to?

This would save alot of hastle and make it alot more flexible then having to export and import and using workarounds to keep play counts etc.

Thanks
The hash is one-way. It's impossible, given the hash, to determine the original file.

But yes, I am about 95% of the way through moving video thumbs to the texture cache, whereby these problems will magically go away.
Will this also be done for the music thumbs?

does this mean that we can start to store these on a mysql location for devices to share?

Woo Smile is there any idea of when this will be available?

Thanks
Eventually, yes. I have somewhere in the vicinity of 60 commits (and they're after rebasing down, so at least 10 times that number through iterations) in my video_thumbs_to_cache branch, so it's not exactly an easy task! Music thumbs will hopefully be a bit easier!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

just wondering how the progress is going with the video_thumbs_to_cache branch?

hope all is well

Thanks,
Mark