Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu won't import games via Launcher or ROM apps; does ok in Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMCbuntu installed with intention of using it for media playback on network and for gaming. I also have XBMC installed on a windows machine. I am new to Linux/Ubuntu but not new to XBMC.
I have several emulators I use to load several ROMS of games on a couple different systems (NES/SNES etc).
I am able to use the Launcher to launch each emulator in XBMC Windows fine, designate the ROM folder, and import games. In XBMCbuntu, however, I can load emulators and designate ROM folders but nothing happens. When using the advanced launcher, it creates the program but nothing happens when clicking on it. Using other add-ons like the ROM file manager, I get different errors: with one emulator, it imported the first three of the ROMS from the designated ROM folder, then stopped. When trying to import again, gave error message "could not load the first 10 files... continue?" With another emulator, I was able to select system, point to emulator and designate ROM folder, but it does not import any files at all. This is regardless of scrape options, etc.
On the windows machine, the emulator and ROM files are on the HDD. I installed XBMCbuntu onto a blank drive on the other machine, to boot directly into XBMC. Therefore the only way I have found so far to access the ROMS on that machine is via USB, which it recognizes fine, but will not import. I have searched these forums but have not seen any posts relating to this problem. Any solutions?
Thanks in advance,
Brent
With Advanced Launcher, once your have created the files launcher you NEED to import the roms : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pl-3yEDgUY.
Thank you- I have now imported the roms correctly but cannot get any launchers to work on XBMCbuntu...
For example my old NES roms I have properly imported now, and have tried with multiple emulators I have for both windows and linux- When trying to open any file with any of them, however, the screen simply blinks like the blink of an eye then returns to the ROM list. They work fine in the Windows XBMC (11 beta3), but not in buntu using the same process. ??
bb002h Wrote:Thank you- I have now imported the roms correctly but cannot get any launchers to work on XBMCbuntu...
For example my old NES roms I have properly imported now, and have tried with multiple emulators I have for both windows and linux- When trying to open any file with any of them, however, the screen simply blinks like the blink of an eye then returns to the ROM list. They work fine in the Windows XBMC (11 beta3), but not in buntu using the same process. ??
Windows emulators are different from linux emulators and so their configuration are different. You cannot use the same application and the same configuration under Windows and Linux. Look here which emulators you can use under Windows and under Linux and how they must be configured : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page