Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OSD button is not working with remote control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This can be very easy one but I simply can't solve it. I'm trying to configure my setup (lirc and Lircmap.xml) and I did the job quite fast but I can't get osd button to work with my Logitech universal remote. Everything else works just the way I wanted. I have checked that irw can read the data when I press the button but XBMC does not open the OSD menu.

Of course I can still use the Android remote control but it's not as fancy as using "real" remote control Laugh

The setup is very very simple:

lircd.conf
Code:
# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <[email protected]>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.8.6(default) on Mon Feb 20 20:14:17 2012
#
# contributed by
#
# brand:                       harmony
# model no. of remote control:
# devices being controlled by this remote:
#

begin remote

name  harmony
  bits           16
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

header       9009  4479
  one           565  1667
  zero          565   563
  ptrail        575
  repeat       9004  2224
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0xFF
  gap          107889
  min_repeat      3
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes
          KEY_STOP                 0xA857
          KEY_PREVIOUS             0x08F7
          KEY_NEXT                 0xC837
          KEY_PLAY                 0xAA55
          KEY_REWIND               0xCA35
          KEY_FASTFORWARD          0x0AF5
          KEY_PAUSE                0x6A95
          KEY_MENU                 0xFA05
          KEY_INFO                 0xF807
          KEY_EXIT                 0xF00F
          KEY_UP                   0x38C7
          KEY_LEFT                 0xEA15
          KEY_ENTER                0x28D7
          KEY_RIGHT                0xE817
          KEY_DOWN                 0x18E7
          KEY_TEXT                 0xB847
      end codes

end remote

Lircmap.xml
Code:
<!-- This file contains the mapping of LIRC keys to XBMC keys used in Keymap.xml  -->
<!--                                                                              -->
<!-- How to add remotes                                                           -->
<!-- <remote device="name_Lirc_calls_the_remote">                                 -->
<!--                                                                              -->
<!-- For the commands the layout following layout is used                         -->
<!-- <XBMC_COMMAND>LircButtonName</XBMC_COMMAND>                                  -->
<!-- For a list of XBMC_COMMAND's check out the <remote> sections of keymap.xml   -->

<lircmap>
    <remote device="harmony">
    <altname>harmony</altname>
    <altname>devinput</altname>
        <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
        <right>KEY_RIGHT</right>
        <up>KEY_UP</up>
        <down>KEY_DOWN</down>
        <select>KEY_ENTER</select>
        <start>KEY_SELECT</start>
        <back>KEY_EXIT</back>
        <play>KEY_PLAY</play>
        <pause>KEY_PAUSE</pause>
        <stop>KEY_STOP</stop>
        <forward>KEY_FASTFORWARD</forward>
        <reverse>KEY_REWIND</reverse>
        <title>KEY_MENU</title>
        <osd>KEY_TEXT</osd>
        <info>KEY_INFO</info>
    </remote>
</lircmap>

Can you help me with the problem?
Bump.
As far as I'm aware there is no "osd" button defined within <remote>. You're possibly after <menu>.
(2012-03-15, 23:00)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm aware there is no "osd" button defined within <remote>. You're possibly after <menu>.

Yes, it's Menu. Not using LIRC myself, but my Live install responds with OSD when pressing Menu (after some fixing with the Harmony, which initially did not even have the command).
Not sure if anything pops up on the screen, but it looks like the OSD menu is different in Eden than it was in Dharma. On Dharma, it would popup where you can change the audio subtitles and stuff at the top of the screen. With Eden, it's in the lower-right hand corner of the screen where you get to choose it. You also get some additional info with the OSD.
That's funny.. I'm sure that I already tried <menu>. Now I tried it again and it works Big Grin Maybe I messed up something the last time.

And now for (hopefully) the last problem I have with XBMC.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125656
lol.... I want to say that when I first tried Eden, the "menu" button just exited the player. I then started messing with the lircmap, couldn't figure it out, tried it again, and it showed the osd menu.