Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashes on start with GIT commit 33273c5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC no longer launches as of GIT commit 33273c5. It loads the splash screen, then immediately closes out.
Crash Log here
Any ideas? Thanks!
Does it work ok if you revert that commit?
it's crashing just after displaying the splash - before displaying the menue.

Here is my logfile

If have a VM with same Ubuntu and same xbmc (source) - no problem!

I belive it's something with DisplayDriver - maybe with nvidia?
I'm not sure if it's a driver issue, thread 4 is calling into libdbus from CLog, which should be impossible, something is causing data corruption somewhere.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Does it work ok if you revert that commit?

Yes. I narrowed it down to the problem starting with that specific commit. I reverted to the commit right before and it runs fine. Let me know what other info I can provide.
Did you do a make clean or git clean -xfd before compiling?
bobo1on1 Wrote:Did you do a make clean or git clean -xfd before compiling?
:o Well that's embarrassing.....the git clean -xfd fixed it. Thanks for the help and sorry to waste your time.
You owe us a beer. Bob for figuring it out. And me because i committed that code Big Grin
bobo1on1 Wrote:Did you do a make clean or git clean -xfd before compiling?

...that's fixed it for me too.

It can be so frustrating to work with systems without any knowledge about it.
But it can also be very exciting.

Thanks for help - in which bar do we drink the beer?

cu
Harald
Memphiz Wrote:You owe us a beer. Bob for figuring it out. And me because i committed that code Big Grin

You got it. Next time you're in California. Laugh
Seriously though, that prompted me to do something I should have done a long time ago....just donated $50 to XBMC. Thanks so much to all the devs for what you do. Cool