Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove/Hide Add-ons-button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

It would be nice to be able to hide the "Add-ons"-button, like with the "Add-source"-button.
System->Settings->Appearance->File lists...

Thanks
Eden Beta 3
Create an advancedsettings.xml containing:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <virtualshares>false</virtualshares>
</advancedsettings>

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml for more info on the advancedsettings.xml file.

JR
I created a xml-file, and saved that into userdata-folder.
C:/Program/XMBC/userdata

What should I do next to remove/hide that button ??

Thanks
Silver Fang Wrote:I created a xml-file, and saved that into userdata-folder.
C:/Program/XBMC/userdata

What should I do next to remove/hide that button ??

Thanks

That's the wrong location for the file. I assume you're using Windows. In that case press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

click OK and when Notepad prompts you to create a new file answer "Yes". Now copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <virtualshares>false</virtualshares>
</advancedsettings>

Close Notepad and save the changes. Now run XBMC and you should find the "Add-ons" link has gone.

JR
Thanks, it worked.
Sorry for not writing all the info, yes i did use windows 7.

But i was thinking to get a htpc and have xbmc live on it, without win7.
I will maybe have the xbmc live on a usb-stick 3.0 or a sd-card.
How will i do then ??

Thanks
same way, except ~/.xbmc/userdata is the path.
OK, thanks, will try it when i get a htpc.
Is there any way to remove the "add-on" below the picture-video-music on the mainscreen of the confluence skin ??

Thanks
You could edit the skin file. I don't know of any other way to do it.

JR
Ok thanks, i dont know how to do it, so i will just skip it.
Just wanna have it simple and clean...
The skin will probably change between now and the Eden release. Post when Eden is released and I'll give you instructions for modifying the skin. It's a two minute job!

JR
(2012-02-26, 19:28)Silver Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to remove the "add-on" below the picture-video-music on the mainscreen of the confluence skin ??

Thanks

(2012-02-26, 20:08)jhsrennie Wrote: [ -> ]The skin will probably change between now and the Eden release. Post when Eden is released and I'll give you instructions for modifying the skin. It's a two minute job!

JR

Hi again,
Can someone please help me to remove the add-on button ??
Thanks

Assuming you've installed XBMC in the default location you need to look in the directory "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p" for a file called IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml. make a backup of this file. Now go to http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/, right click the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml link, choose "Save as" and save it over the top of the old IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml. Run XBMC and you should find the add-ons links are gone.

If you're curious to see how this is done open the file in Notepad and search for <!--. This is the XML comment tag and you'll find it where I've commented out the code that adds the add-ons menu items.

JR
Thanks alot.

Now my last thing i want to remove,
the icon on the left side of the power-button, the favourite-icon, is that possible, then how ??

Thanks for all the help
To remove the Favourites button you need to modify Home.xml. I've placed a modified version of this on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/.
Pages: 1 2