Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Eden Beta3 w/ USB audio no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just built/installed Eden Beta 3 on my Shuttle XS35V2 ION2 computer running OpenSUSE 12.1, with an attached external USB DAC sound card. The build went through well, but whenever I try to play audio (or view a movie), I get a message that the audio system could not be initialized.

In the system settingsd for audio output, I have chosen "Analog", because there was no better choice in my eyes - hdmi and optical/coaxial arent right for sure, but USB is really not analog either. But switching here didnt help, either. In the device section, I found several entries that mention my USB DAC device, bubt with strange postfixes (hdmi, iec934, Default). I tried everything here, with no success. All this is rather confusing, and no combination yielded success.

The sound card works well as such, system sounds are played ok. It also worked normally in my previous Dharma setup. Can anybody help? Is there maybe a simple setup guide for Eden with external USB audio somewhere?

thanks,
chris
I Have a USB Sound card works great with Eden beta 1,2 and 3

http://us.store.creative.com/Sound-Blast...7QQQAE.htm

Im using one of the "direct sound" settings. Sorry i cant help you further. I take it that MP3 and other stuff is working when not using XBMC.
interesting.. I dont even see any options with "direct sound" in them.. And now that you mention it, I remember that those were the ones that worked in Dharma.

Maybe I missed something in building from source? Is there a configure option that needs to be included to get direct sound support?
No config file. It's under system setting/audio i think...

i just upgraded to eden... i.e. installed eden straight over Dharma
what OS are you using? I am using OpenSUSE, and had to build from source code because there are no ready installable packages. The ./configure file is used during compile. Anyway, thanks for your comment, gives me hope I will get there..
Im using Windows 7 64Bit on a AMD Athlon II Neo, Dual-Core Processor. That kind of changes everything... sorry for the confusion mate...time for a coffee
no problem. I finally got my issue soved by rebuilding without the --disable-pulse option, which I had picked up from this howto document