Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Save Playback Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to have XMBC for Apple TV2 to save your position in a video file you have only partially watched so it can be resumed?

If not is there an easier way to fast forward a large file besides just skipping in 30s jumps?

Thanks
If the video is in the library, XBMC remembers where the video was stopped at and gives you the option to resume at that point the next time that you press play.
What if the file is being shared through AFP to the Apple TV. Is there any way to make it remember its position?
doesn't matter where your video is stored ... if its in the library it will save the resume point after at least watching the first 5 mins or so...
Ok for some reason it isn't doing that.

Now you said that it has to be "in the Library". Is there something special that has to be done to get it "in the Library"? Does the fact that I can access the file mean its automatically in the library, or do I need to do something with the share to make it part of the library?
It doesn't have to be in the library. Resume point is saved regardless, as long as you've watched enough of the file. The debug log will show you that it's doing this.
I'm experiencing the same problem. As far as I can tell, no videos resume after being stopped. They all just start playing from the beginning. I can't find anything in the log file about resuming or bookmarks either.
Post your log file to pastebin.com and put the link here.
Hilariously, after testing to generate a new log file it started working. The only thing I can think of is that just prior I had changed the setting to Ask, and then back again to Resume.

In any case, I'm glad it's working.