Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Content type setting for video sources getting lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am starting to see an issue where my video sources are loosing the content type setting. In other words, a source that was originally set for tv and set to use thetvdb as the scraper will for some reason suddently change to none. I am using a shared library setup with 2 XBMCLive boxes and the library on a Windows XP PC with mysql. I am assuming that this content setting is stored in the mysql database since when it is lost, is lost on both XBMCLive boxes. Also, this only started after I went from the mysql server running on a Linux PC to this Windows XP PC. It's actually the same PC, I just wiped out Linux (Mint LMDE) and switched back to Windows XP.

This really becomes a problem because I also have a script to run a library clean every night and if the content setting is gone, everything in that source is removed from the library. I'm not really sure where to even begin in looking for why this happening. My assumption is that it is a mysql issue but I can't think what would trigger it.

I'm still running 10.1 Dharma XBMC Live, and on the windows XP PC it has Msql Server 5.5. Also, if it makes any difference all of my video shares are on the same Windows XP box that the mysql server is on.
I currently have two ideas to maybe fix it fairly quickly but not know what the problem really was. If I assume the problem is with the network connection on the Windows/Mysql PC (even though it is using all the same hardware as when it was running Linux), I can install XBMC on the windows PC and only define my sources there. In this case the video sources, XBMC and Mysql would all be on the same PC. The XBMCLive boxes would not have any sources defined and just play off the library.

If I assume it is a mysql issue running on XP, I can install linux on a Virtualbox image on the Windows/Mysql PC and run mysql on the linux image.

I'm open to suggestions though since I'd like to know why it is happening.
This just started happening with my setup after moving to Frodo. Anybody have an answer?
Honestly, the Debug Log will ALWAYS tell you what's going on.

Missing content type typically indicates a corrupt database - it can't set content.
My post on this was from quite a while back, but I'm pretty sure my problem went away after switching from Mysql Server from mysql.com and installing xampp. I did end up creating a new database by doing this, but I also had created a new database when switching from Linux to Windows way back when I had this problem. For all I know, the mysql server in xampp may be the exact same thing I got from mysql.com... but it worked and I was happy enough with that. Anyway, it's worth a try if you want. I didn't know about the debug log at the time, so I have no idea what it was showing. I'm running a similar setup now with Frodo, still using xampp, and haven't had this problem since it was fixed last year.