Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for the Best Live TV configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am hoping to get suggestions on the best route to take for XBMC Live TV throughout my house.
I first started using XBMC a little over 2 years ago and shortly thereafter signed up for a 2 year commitment to Satellite TV. A decision I soon regretted.

Now that my obligation to the satellite company is coming to an end, I would like to avoid subscribing to any other services and just mount an antenna to my roof.

I have an HTPC in my living room and ATV2 w/ XBMC throughout the house. My initial thought is to install a Ceton InfiniTV 4 cable card in the HTPC and use it as a household DVR. This would leave the rest of the TVs reliant on only watching recorded programs.

Although I haven't used it yet, the Live TV feature in XBMC seems promising but I don't know if it will work on the Apple TVs. I've seen some youtube videos showing XBMC and something called Dreambox, but I don't know much about that either.

It seems there are several directions I can go but I'm not sure which road to go down. Which ever way I go will be a learning process since I am new to this endeavor.

I appreciate any help I can get.
go to sub forum "XBMC PVR development" .. there are some threads about best backends .. hm Dreambox .. I only know them as very enhanced and very expensive satellite receivers (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/products) ..

So long

LastCoder