Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pop/click noise when changing song.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I'm a relatively new XBMC user.
I'm running eden b3 atm, and have tried b1 and b2.

When I change song in xbmc (being mp3, flac, whatever) I'm getting a poping / click noise for every time i Change track.

No other player I've tried does this (i.e winamp, WMC, WMP).

I find this "a bit" frustrating.

Any ideas?

Win7 x64 enterprise. XBMC eden beta 3.
Welcome to the forums. Have you tried to disable GUI sounds in System>Settings>System>Audio at the bottom of the page?
DDDamian Wrote:Welcome to the forums. Have you tried to disable GUI sounds in System>Settings>System>Audio at the bottom of the page?

Nope, but good idea. I'll test it and report back tomorrow.
No change.
I have also some clicking sound. It ain't any GUI sound, and doesn't sound very nice. The amplifier kind of 'cracks' on the sound. It happens most when I haven't used any navigation for a couple of minutes and then use any GUI navigation.
Hearing more about this - can you guys confirm if this happens with WASAPI, DirectSound or both?
I get this when playing music (mp3's). If i skip track or press stop i get a kind of electronic fart sound.

I don't know what WASAPI and DirectSound are. I'd like to try ad answer yur question if you can point me in the right direction?
Google Smile Aside from that a Debug Log would tell.
Exact same problem. XMBC 11.0. Click when skipping / switching songs, with crossfade off.

Crossfade fixes it, but I can't set crossfade to 0.1 seconds e.g. (and I don't want actual crossfade).

Also - setting the crossfade to 1 second results in song switching observably taking at least 2 seconds. That is much too large a setting for the minimal value in my opinion.

DirectSound / WASAPI - both affected.
On my list......thx!