Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Eden screen freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a fresh install of Debian Testing (LMDE).

I installed XBMC on the system and have also added the TV Catchup plugin.

The problem is that when playing a stream, after about 2 minutes the video freezes.

I can still move the mouse around, but can't exit the stream. After a while XBMC just freezes completely and I have to do a force-close or if i'm full screen I have to restart x.

http://pastebin.com/crbfpaTQ

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks
I have a similar problem when start a video, and friends of mine too (everybody with last weeks git since yesterday). I think it not depends to vdpau because it happens even with vdpau disabled, but the issue I think it's very complicated and I'm not native english and don't have enough words to describe well the situation (xbmc when freeze still continue to logging!!!).
I have Intel Video. Isn't VDPAU only nVidia?
yes, I'm sorry to confuse you. The meaning of my words could be that this issue is independent from graphic acceleration
Can anyone help with this issue at all?

I have recently installed the latest rtmpdump as i didn't have it installed before, but it's made no difference.

Tvcatchup streams freeze, iplayer live streams freeze.
So i did a side by side test. I ran iplayer in the browser and in xmbc.

The video in the browser played smoothly with not problems.

XBMC played for a few minutes then the video froze.

I then moved on to TVCatchup. Played fine via the website, even the HD channels. Tried in XBMC and the video froze after less than minute.

I have removed rtmpdump, and have the latest librtmp0 - but there is no difference.

Any ideas at all?