Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some questions on skinning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!

first of all, i just love xbmc...thanks!

i plan to do a new skin, so i'm messing around with the existing ones to find out what is possible to do. i have a couple of questions i hope someone can answer...

i have made the thumbnail-view larger...a larger area, and larger thumbs (new size for both texture and item). but the thumbnails still is the same size as before. (80x80?). how can i fix this? (i have deleted settings and the thumbs-folder).

i don't need the title under each thumb. how can i remove this? (so far i have set the textcolor to #00 alpha).

instead i want a artist and title label in top of my window that changes as i move around in the thumbs. any escape-codes or id's i can use in the label?

in album-view (icon)...is it possible to have multiple columns..or replace it with a thumbnail-control? and when you select an album(in icon mode), is it possible to make it show a list instead of icons as default?

is it possible to fill the background with a folder.jpg of the selected album, or view it somehow?

what about popping up the menu on the left as a panel when you need it. is this possible?

i'm using the 2/1/04 build.
in the latest xbmc you can specify the thumbnail size:
look @ references.xml and find the
defaults for the thumbnail control
here you can specify:
total width/height of an item (including the space between items)
<itemwidth>128</itemwidth>
<itemheight>128</itemheight>

width/height of the blue folder icon:
<texturewidth>80</texturewidth>
<textureheight>80</textureheight>

width/height of the thumbnail placed on top of the folder icon
<thumbwidth>64</thumbwidth>
<thumbheight>64</thumbheight>

x/y offset for the thumbnail. these are relative to the left upper corner of the folder icon

<thumbposx>4</thumbposx>
<thumbposy>10</thumbposy>

with these items you can set the thumnail size to anything you want.
remember that references.xml contains the default values for controls. if you for example only wanna change the thumbnail panel for my video then make sure to edit (or add) those values in myvideo.xml.
if you change them in references.xml then all controls will change

frodo

thanks..

what label id's are used for predefined text?

200 for date, and 201 for time?

is it one for the currently focused file/folder? (it should be Smile )

anywhere in the source or somewhere else i can find a list of the predefined values?

can i use the <hyperlink> from within my music to launch a new my music window with a different layout?