Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a few issues with restoring from backups (different thread) so figured start over... blow away the database, remove XBMC and install XBMC 11.

The movies are scraping fine, but... not sure if an XBMC thing, plugin setting, or what but, the scraping is "too" picky.

I have my files setup like,

6th Day, The (2000).avi

Scraper misses them because "the" is after 6th Day... if I manually scrape it, even if I have it set at 6th Day, it still skips it because looking for "the" at the start.

I have that issue as well with series, like Blade 1, Blade 2, Blade 3.... I have a "1" in the name and even though the rest is fine, it tends to skip scraping the first one.

Is there a way around this? a setting? especially for the "the" issue... I don't recall the scraping being that picky about the name, I'm sure having "6th" was enough to find the right title or show some similar matches.

I have many files to go through... hoping someone can help. Thanks.

also... using TMDb
Most of the "logic" or fuzziness of the search depends more on the scraped site and it's search engine. XBMC doesn't have the "smarts" to try different variations of the filename, nor has it ever.

The only guarenteed way to get a hit is to name the file exactly as it is in the site's database, along with a year to get the right version if it's a remake or is not the only movie with that name.

If the filename doesn't meet that criteria the scraped site will not return a hit, and manual scraping becomes necessary.
Bummer...

I like to have the files named with "the" at the end... luckily doesn't seem to be 'all' files that won't scrape properly. Though, odd why some do and some don't... but figured I'd ask in case a setting I missed, or if maybe something changed with EDEN.

Now I just have to wait for Ellipsis to work on EDEN... having issue getting my files to display by file name vs scraped name. Smile
THRobinson Wrote:Bummer...

I like to have the files named with "the" at the end... luckily doesn't seem to be 'all' files that won't scrape properly. Though, odd why some do and some don't... but figured I'd ask in case a setting I missed, or if maybe something changed with EDEN.

Now I just have to wait for Ellipsis to work on EDEN... having issue getting my files to display by file name vs scraped name. Smile

Go to Settings>Video>File Lists and unselect "Replace file names with library titles" Big Grin
Awesome... now I can skip through the alphabet without it jumping all over. Big Grin

Thought was a skin setting, was looking all through there.

Thanks
Quote:Bummer...

If you are using a community scraper for movies (themoviedb for example), why not register an account there and add the alternative names to thier listings (also know as)?

Or create a NFO file for the missing movies, pointing to the right result?

Then you can keep the files named as you want.

Just a couple of ideas to maybe help you out.
We can enter alternate titles? Nice, I have an account on TMDb and TVDb for adding stuff, but didn't know alt titles could be added. I'll have to take a look... drives me nuts when you find series on there where half are numeric and half are roman numerals.

And yes, I have OCD and very anal about my file naming. Smile