Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The most efficient way to organise movie sets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm a long time user of XBMC, but I must admit that sets are still a real pain for me.

I use XBMC for everything, including organising some online tutorial vids i bought to watch on my TV.

Each course would have maybe 10-12 videos in them, so they have be organised in movie sets.

Everything I've tried to use in order to efficiently organise movie sets for these (bearing in mind they can't be scraped) hasn't worked.

The .NFO files have the set data but when you add them to the library, there are no sets to be seen.

I've used EMM, Yanfoe, and I've even tried to manually edit the NFO files (thats a lot of work, I'd rather automate the process) but i still see no sets when loading them into the library.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a supplimentary app out there that works?

I'm using XBMC 10.01 still. Was going to wait on an official release before i go to Eden, but perhaps picking Eden up early would help solve my problem?
Headaches aplenty? Loads of programs to accomplish what XBMC is already doing...!?
Update to Eden RC1.

Job done. Big Grin

Once your on Eden, it's real easy to upgrade to the newer editions.
Ok, so i figured out where at least part of the problem lies.

EMM only seems to want to create NFO files for media it scraped, and since my media isnt scrapable, NFO files arent being created by EMM even when the entries in the EMM database are what i want in the NFO file.

is there a way to make EMM create NFO files without being forced to scrape content?
ParkerXL Wrote:Ok, so i figured out where at least part of the problem lies.

EMM only seems to want to create NFO files for media it scraped, and since my media isnt scrapable, NFO files arent being created by EMM even when the entries in the EMM database are what i want in the NFO file.

is there a way to make EMM create NFO files without being forced to scrape content?

Sadly due to the media being un-scrapable, you're probably better off writing the NFO's yourself. One thing you may want to consider, especially if you do end up writing the NFO's yourself, instead of messing around with movie sets is to turn them into a fake 'tv show' which is what I did for some of my media.

Take a copy of an existing 'tvshow.nfo' and just tweak it to match the majority of information for the tutorial videos and than just write episode NFO's to describe that single video.
Archigos, that's a great idea.

I was wondering what to do with P90X (File Browser is tedious)

Now I'll go create some fanart :-)
Did you try the "Movie Sets" addon I find it very useful in creating sets