Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on Apple TV 2 via Ethernet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry - really daft question here - have finally managed to get XBMC to stream from the external hard drive on my iMac but performance is not good - stuttering and the most annoying habit of the film/ applications
just randomly crashing mid movie ( usually approx 3 times per movie) and then having to start from beginning of film again - so thought would try via an ethernet connection to my iMac to resolve any wifi connectivity issues ........ only thing is I am not greatly computer literate and cannot seem to connect to the external drive now it is via ethernet - does the path to the external drive change from when it was Wifi or do I need to enable some other feature on the Apple TV 2 or the IMAC - Any help great fully received !

PS - my first attempt was via a CAT cable from the AppleTV 2 to the IMAC directly - if I can get it to work was thinking of trying powerline via the electrical circuit in our house .......