Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-28, 18:37)JPM39 Wrote: [ -> ]ArtistSlideshow issue.

Hi,

I'm running Kodi on 2 PC. The 1st one on a desktop PC under Win7. I use it for test purpose. The 2nd one, my HTPC, with Kodibuntu.
Aeon Nox 5 skin and the "Artist Slideshow" addon are on both machines.

I upgraded to Jarvis this WE.

After the upgrade "Artist Slideshow" works fine on the test device (Win 7).
On the Kodibuntu machine, it doesn't and I'm unable to find out why. I tried to compare the log files and saw that "Artist Slideshow" find the directory with the fanarts on both machines.
The difference seem to be that fanarts are not pushed/copied into the cache on the Kodibuntu machine (I could find lines with "caching file ..... " in the log of the Win7 machine but nothing similar in the log of the Kodibuntu machine.

Here is the log of the kodibuntu machine:

http://xbmclogs.com/pjjb7jm5y

Any help on this issue is welcome.

Thank you.

AS seems to be working correctly. When music starts playing I eventually see a line like:
Code:
[Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to nfs://192.168.1.27/c/media/Music/Peter Hammill/extrafanart

That means AS found the artist and found a local image directory for this and sets it. The skin is actually responsible for the display, and I'm wondering if the NFS directory is causing the skin a problem. You might try setting AS to use remote images only to force it to download images to the local cache.
Quote:AS seems to be working correctly. When music starts playing I eventually see a line like:
Code:
[Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to nfs://192.168.1.27/c/media/Music/Peter Hammill/extrafanart

That means AS found the artist and found a local image directory for this and sets it. The skin is actually responsible for the display, and I'm wondering if the NFS directory is causing the skin a problem. You might try setting AS to use remote images only to force it to download images to the local cache.

@pkscout

Unbelievable. I have spent hours and then have bored you for a bullshit.
I don't know why but after the upgrade the background was set to "fanart" instead of "AS" and I have not thought to check this before...

Sorry and thank you for your help and for the job you make for the community.

JP
(2016-02-29, 15:16)JPM39 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:AS seems to be working correctly. When music starts playing I eventually see a line like:
Code:

@pkscout

Unbelievable. I have spent hours and then have bored you for a bullshit.
I don't know why but after the upgrade the background was set to "fanart" instead of "AS" and I have not thought to check this before...

Sorry and thank you for your help and for the job you make for the community.

No worries. Sometimes you just need someone to confirm for you that one thing is working so you'll look in other spots. And I've lost count of the number of times I've done the exact same thing, often to myself while building new versions of AS. There is much screaming and yelling at the computer screen, and then I realize I had toggled a setting a couple hours earlier. Tongue
Hi pkscout. Firstly like to say thanks for a great little addon here, its brilliant Smile

I'm having an issue with certain artists not loading any images, though i've checked fanart.tv and they have profiles/backgrounds. They include 2pac, ariana grande and ludacris, just a few i remember, most are fine.

I've enabled debug logs and had a look through, here are two snippets from an artist that works and one that doesn't

http://pastebin.com/ptBwsijg

There are a couple of differences, you can clearly see the ERROR line, but i can't see why it wouldn't work!
(2016-03-06, 19:22)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscout. Firstly like to say thanks for a great little addon here, its brilliant Smile

I'm having an issue with certain artists not loading any images, though i've checked fanart.tv and they have profiles/backgrounds. They include 2pac, ariana grande and ludacris, just a few i remember, most are fine.

I've enabled debug logs and had a look through, here are two snippets from an artist that works and one that doesn't

There are a couple of differences, you can clearly see the ERROR line, but i can't see why it wouldn't work!

Honestly, I don't see how either of those examples is working. For some reason the script thinks it's already running (a flag is set in the skin infolabel when the script first starts), so it doesn't do anything, at least not based on what you provided. You might check with the skin author. There are a couple of skins that use AS very aggressively and in some odd ways that might cause that kind of thing.
(2016-03-07, 05:42)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 19:22)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscout. Firstly like to say thanks for a great little addon here, its brilliant Smile

Honestly, I don't see how either of those examples is working. For some reason the script thinks it's already running (a flag is set in the skin infolabel when the script first starts), so it doesn't do anything, at least not based on what you provided. You might check with the skin author. There are a couple of skins that use AS very aggressively and in some odd ways that might cause that kind of thing.

I'm using your skin Wink
(2016-03-07, 16:26)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using your skin Wink

Yea, the guy that did that skin is a bastard. Wink

It would be helpful to see a full debug log that begins right after you restart Kodi and includes both one that works and one that doesn't. Now I'm wondering if maybe AS is crashing at some point. If that happens, AS won't reset the infolabel, so when the skin tries to start AS again it thinks it's running already. The only way to reset things at that point is to restart Kodi. What I need to find in the log is the actual crash.
(2016-03-08, 07:11)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]

It would be helpful to see a full debug log that begins right after you restart Kodi and includes both one that works and one that doesn't. Now I'm wondering if maybe AS is crashing at some point. If that happens, AS won't reset the infolabel, so when the skin tries to start AS again it thinks it's running already. The only way to reset things at that point is to restart Kodi. What I need to find in the log is the actual crash.

Ok i'll try and get a full log in this process for you, may be a day or so though
Hello

Pleas excuse my bad englisch.

I have a problem with the Artist-Slideshow. When i play music, the Artist-Slideshow starts and show my own dia-show. But by some Songs the Addon shows only a black screen. Why?
See my problem on Video:
https://youtu.be/RmTRxm7Hj4M

Thanks for your help!
(2016-03-09, 07:22)Yasko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I have a problem with the Artist-Slideshow. When i play music, the Artist-Slideshow starts and show my own dia-show. But by some Songs the Addon shows only a black screen. Why?
See my problem on Video:

Thanks for your help!

A video isn't really going to help with debugging. There are two things off hand that may cause a black screen:

1- It is taking AS a long time to get the MusicBrainz ID. This can happen when it's the first time you've played an artist and the person (or band) has lots of albums or songs to sift through to verify a match.

2- There was no artwork found for the artist and you haven't set a fallback slide show.

To provide anything besides those guesses, I'd need you to enable debug logging in Kodi *and* the AS preferences and post a debug log of the problem.
(2016-03-09, 07:39)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-09, 07:22)Yasko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

See my problem on Video:

Thanks for your help!

A video isn't really going to help with debugging. There are two things off hand that may cause a black screen:

1- It is taking AS a long time to get the MusicBrainz ID. This can happen when it's the first time you've played an artist and the person (or band) has lots of albums or songs to sift through to verify a match.

2- There was no artwork found for the artist and you haven't set a fallback slide show.

To provide anything besides those guesses, I'd need you to enable debug logging in Kodi *and* the AS preferences and post a debug log of the problem.

Hello

Thanks for the answer.
There are no artists artworks. I will show pictures of the holidays or animals.
I made a logfile. Please see the log (2111.) where metallica is played and I have a black Screen.

http://pastebin.com/zpujJ3Ns

Thanks!
(2016-03-08, 07:11)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey pkscount, here you go http://xbmclogs.com/ptupq3swm

I uninstalled the addon, deleted all data in its directory and reinstalled it.

It loaded the first artist ok, then didn't load "lil wayne", i noticed that it had a 0kb musicbrainz file and thats all, so i copied in my backup and it worked ok.

It seems some artists fail, i cannot see why.

sidenote: Any plans to integrate into the amazing new themes just release? Big Grin
(2016-03-09, 15:18)Yasko Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answer.
There are no artists artworks. I will show pictures of the holidays or animals.
I made a logfile. Please see the log (2111.) where metallica is played and I have a black Screen.

http://pastebin.com/zpujJ3Ns

You need to also turn on the debugging in AS. It's in the advanced window in the AS settings.
(2016-03-09, 18:09)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]You need to also turn on the debugging in AS. It's in the advanced window in the AS settings.

Ok, I do that tomorrow. Must work tonight.
Where can I find the log file?

Thanks and good night...
(2016-03-10, 00:01)Yasko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-09, 18:09)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]You need to also turn on the debugging in AS. It's in the advanced window in the AS settings.

Ok, I do that tomorrow. Must work tonight.
Where can I find the log file?

AS puts it's log stuff in the main Kodi log file. So it'll be the same file you posted before, but it'll have more AS debugging in it once that option is enabled in AS.