Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-18, 17:17)Tork Wrote: [ -> ]maybe im stupid to say this...
but what about a setting in config of slide speeds?
because now im searching my brains (what is left of it) to find this setting....
my rpi2 is loading those fanarts as plain that flys by so fast.......
im on aeon nox silvo 5 ....
but last not least thnx for this great addon! Smile

Slide duration is set by the skin. The recommended timing is 10 seconds, as AS has some fixed logic to make the slideshow seamless (mostly) when downloading new artwork, and that's built around a 10 second interval. I tried once to have AS set the slideshow duration, but the setting in the skin for that doesn't like to take a variable. If you're having an issue with the speed of the slideshow, you should check with the skin author.
thank you pkscout!
i did readup idd on this a bit
but its also hardcoded..
the only thing that slows it down a little is to to set this value on MusicVisualisation.xml
at line 19

Code:
<fadetime>8000</fadetime>

ofcourse this isn't a fix.. though...
but it slows down ideed a little the flyby's ...

thanks again...
timeperimage is what you wanna change
Hi,

I'd like to use Artistslideshow for Radio Add-on (Kodi; Jarvis 16.0; Kodibuntu), but the Artistslideshow only delivers fanarts of my database, but not from the title acutally are playing in the radio add-on.

Here is my debug log file. Could you please have a short look?

http://xbmclogs.com/p6bssdnk5

I am looking forward to your answers.

regards,
theo
(2016-04-24, 15:16)theo_tusch Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to use Artistslideshow for Radio Add-on (Kodi; Jarvis 16.0; Kodibuntu), but the Artistslideshow only delivers fanarts of my database, but not from the title acutally are playing in the radio add-on.

The stream is returning the artist and song information in the song title separated by a colon (i.e. Artist: Song Name). That's not a format that AS supports for streams. A stream either needs to provide the artist and song title in their appropriate fields or in the format Artist - Song Name. That seems to be the way just about every other streaming music addon does it, so that's the one AS supports. Unfortunately it isn't really feasible (without a major rewrite) to support multiple formats when a stream returns everything in the title.
the randomize option is supposed to show the fanart in a random order right?

because it did not change anything if i set it to true/false

the fanart is shown in the same order
(2016-04-30, 17:34)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]the randomize option is supposed to show the fanart in a random order right?

because it did not change anything if i set it to true/false

the fanart is shown in the same order

You're updating something in the skin files, right? I'm assuming so because how the images are displayed are up to the skin. Yes, in theory if you set this:
Code:
<randomize>true</randomize>
In the multi-image container than it should randomize it. One note though. If you run out of images and it starts over, it's not re-randomized. You'll get the same order as the first time.
Quote:One note though. If you run out of images and it starts over, it's not re-randomized. You'll get the same order as the first time.

This would be what I'm seeing then.

Can I request a re-randomiz option? Or would it be possible to re-randomiz the pictures if its set to true?

Also if there is more than one artist it would be nice if the fanart get mixed, right now it shows artist1 than artis2 and starts again with artist1

Thanks in advance
AS has no control over how the skin displays the folder of images. Based on your description of the multiple artists, I'd say that your skin is not actually randomizing the images. On my setup when I play a song with multiple artists the artist images are mixed in and randomized. At this point the only suggestion I have is to contact the skin author.
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
                    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <include>MusicVizBG</include>
                    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Window.Property(ArtistSlideshowRefresh))</visible>
                    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
                </control>

This is the code I'm using in the music viz. I see no reason why it should not work, the include is just some zoom in/out animation.

I will take a look if I'm missing something after work

What about the re-randomizing when the images start over again?
(2016-05-03, 06:48)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
                    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <include>MusicVizBG</include>
                    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Window.Property(ArtistSlideshowRefresh))</visible>
                    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
                </control>

This is the code I'm using in the music viz. I see no reason why it should not work, the include is just some zoom in/out animation.

I will take a look if I'm missing something after work

I agree. That should be working.

Quote:What about the re-randomizing when the images start over again?

Unfortunately there is no way to tell when the images are done. The only thing I could do is count the images and then set some kind of countdown clock based on a ten second interval (which is suggested but not required) and then do something really ugly to refresh the folder. Basically it wouldn't work well and is harder than I'd like to code.
I thought I'd let folks know that a beta of AS 2.0.0 should appear on my beta repository in the next couple of days. I'm finishing up some burn-in testing before releasing it. There are some pretty substantial changes to the way artwork and information is downloaded as well as a bunch of behind the scene changes, so I'd definitely like some folks to test before releasing it. If you haven't installed my beta repo before, you can get it here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.0.zip

Upcoming User Facing Changes
The biggest change is that you can now select exactly what services will download what piece of information and with what priority. The images section hasn't changed, but for artist bios, artist albums, and similar artists, you will need to go in and select which of the services to enable and then set a priority for them. So, for instance, you can enable both last.fm and theaudiodb.org to download the artist bio and then set last.fm with a priority of 1. AS will try to get the bio from last.fm. If it can't, it'll try theaudiodb. You'll also note that AS can now use Kodi as the source of the bio. All this means the settings area is getting a revamp.

The other big change is the frequency with which AS downloads updated information. Previously Kodi would wait 2 weeks before downloading information for a given artist again. With the new version the cache time will now be randomly set between 4 and 12 weeks, and images will never be downloaded again (unless you manually delete the image). I know that seems like a long time, but most of this information is very stable, and as AS has grown in popularity it has started putting a strain on some of the services it uses. By increasing the time and randomizing it, I hope to both reduce the overall load and keep spikes from happening.

Back End Changes
The big back end change is that AS now uses plugins to talk to the various external sources (right now fanarttv, theaudiodb, last.fm, and htbackdrops), and each plugin defines the information it provides (images, artist bios, artist album info, and/or similar artists). There aren't any plans to add any other services for the 2.0 release, but this will make it much easier to add something in the future.

I appreciate the love folks have given AS over the years, and I'm excited about what this update could mean moving forward. Please remember that AS is possible only because of the work of the back end providers. I'm not now and have no plans to ask for donations to support AS, but I would like to ask everyone to go support one (or more) of the back end providers. Without them AS would basically be nothing.

fanart.tv: https://fanart.tv/contribute/
theaudiodb: http://www.theaudiodb.com
htbackdrops: http://htbackdrops.org/v2/index.php
So here we are a week later. No comments on the 2.0 beta means one of two things. Either I am the world's greatest programmer and there is not a single flaw in the update, or basically nobody has opted to test it. I wouldn't wager on the first one. '-)

I've continued running burn-in on my machines at home and haven't run into any other problems, so I'm probably going to put in a pull request for this in the next few days.
(2016-05-19, 02:00)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]So here we are a week later. No comments on the 2.0 beta means one of two things. Either I am the world's greatest programmer and there is not a single flaw in the update, or basically nobody has opted to test it. I wouldn't wager on the first one. '-)

I've continued running burn-in on my machines at home and haven't run into any other problems, so I'm probably going to put in a pull request for this in the next few days.
Thanks pkscout, I will test asap.

Enviado de meu Smartphone
Hi pkscout, thanks for your work in this addon!

I have just installed the new version and I can't get it to work anymore... my log is here...

http://xbmclogs.com/poczd0zsm

Another question, I can't find the setting to choose the language of the artist bio Huh

Thanks in advance!