Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-14, 01:09)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]AS first pulls all fanarts from featured artists and populate "merge" folder. It should pull fanarts for main artist but it could not because the file names are all the same (standard fanartXX.jpg). So if featured artist has more fanarts than main artist none will be pulled for the last.
It could be avoided if AS could rename the fanarts while copying them to "merge" folder. I'm not sure if it could be related with wrong fanarts issue I'm experiencing.

I just tried the last beta and still no luck with "disable feat. artist image" option.

Yup, that'll definitely cause AS to not move some images over. After the first file of a given name, any others of the same name will fail. I'll see about hashing the file names for the merge folder using the full path of the file as the source. That should resolve the duplicate naming issue.

As for the disable feature artist issue, I'd need to see a log. It works on my end in limited testing.
2.0.1~beta3 Available

v.2.0.1~beta3
- fixed issue when merging separate artist images with same file name

If you don't have my beta repo yet, you can install it from:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.0.zip
(2016-07-14, 01:09)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it could be related with wrong fanarts issue I'm experiencing.
It was! I just tried the last beta and guess what?! AS is now properly showing fanarts for multi artist songs Smile Thanks for the quick fix
The disable option is working too.
Hi I am having trouble slideshow is not downloading fanart while using the radio app in kodi was working before the update but not now
it is creating directories but no images inside have tried on a new install windows and android is there a fix for this
(2016-07-19, 04:53)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I am having trouble slideshow is not downloading fanart while using the radio app in kodi was working before the update but not now
it is creating directories but no images inside have tried on a new install windows and android is there a fix for this

With 2.0 the decision was made (with input from some of the Kodi folks) that AS would no longer try and find a MusicBrainzID for an artist. AS was generating a huge amount of traffic and causing significant issues for the MusicBrainz folks. For music in the library you can using something like MusicBrainz Picard to add the tags and update your library. Once you do that you can use any of the image services to get images.

For music that is not tagged (and music from streaming services), the only image service you can use to download music is htbackdrops (for images, for artist bio, you're limited to last.fm). AS will find any local (or already downloaded images), it just won't download from those other services unless Kodi has the MBID.

Unfortunately, htbackdrops is currently offline. So for non-tagged and streaming music, you aren't going to be able to download anything. The only alternative is to go to those empty directories and create a mbid.nfo file. In that file you would put the MBID from the MusicBrainz site. With that AS can download from the other two image services.
How sad I really liked the way as worked with streaming music does it look like htbackdrops
will be back any time soon
(2016-07-19, 05:27)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]With 2.0 the decision was made (with input from some of the Kodi folks) that AS would no longer try and find a MusicBrainzID for an artist. AS was generating a huge amount of traffic and causing significant issues for the MusicBrainz folks. ...
That is very disappointing. Can't AS not just search for the artist-name?
(2016-07-13, 00:01)Rudders Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Artist slideshow has been working fine, but after upgrading to v2, I get text notifications saying that its downloading images and then says no images found for artist. When I look in the downloaded image file folder there just empty directories.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? I loved it when it was working and would really like to get it working again.

Thanks

Is this debug log ok? Debug Log
(2016-07-20, 08:12)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-19, 05:27)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]With 2.0 the decision was made (with input from some of the Kodi folks) that AS would no longer try and find a MusicBrainzID for an artist. AS was generating a huge amount of traffic and causing significant issues for the MusicBrainz folks. ...
That is very disappointing. Can't AS not just search for the artist-name?

The fanart.tv API does not provide a mechanism (at least as far as I know) for searching by name. IT looks like I can search by name in theaudiodb (I don't remember seeing that before). I'll look into adding that as a fallback option if there is no MusicBrainz ID. For now, if you don't have MusicBrainz IDs, you are limited to htbackdrops (which is still offline).

edit: updated with new info on theaudiodb searching
(2016-07-20, 12:45)Rudders Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-13, 00:01)Rudders Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Artist slideshow has been working fine, but after upgrading to v2, I get text notifications saying that its downloading images and then says no images found for artist. When I look in the downloaded image file folder there just empty directories.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? I loved it when it was working and would really like to get it working again.

Thanks

Is this debug log ok? Debug Log

The debug log looks right and confirms what I said in this post. It looks like you're using a music stream. Please see:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2376947
2.0.1~beta 4 Released

v.2.0.1~beta4
- added option to search theaudiodb.com using artist name if mbid unavailable

As usual, this is available from my beta repo. If you don't have that repo installed and want to test this beta, you can download the repo from:

So I assume this still does not work for streaming music as I cannot get it to download
fanart unless I am doing something wrong ?
(2016-07-25, 01:27)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]So I assume this still does not work for streaming music as I cannot get it to download
fanart unless I am doing something wrong ?

In theory it should, but I use no streaming services so can't really test it myself. Make sure you've enabled theaudiodb in the images section of the AS settings. If it is enabled, I'd need to see a debug log to help anymore. Please remember to enable the AS debug logging (in the advanced settings area) as well as Kodi debug logging.
(2016-07-24, 19:09)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]2.0.1~beta 4 Released

v.2.0.1~beta4
- added option to search theaudiodb.com using artist name if mbid unavailable

As usual, this is available from my beta repo. If you don't have that repo installed and want to test this beta, you can download the repo from:

Thank you! I can't live without your Artist Slideshow for my music listening sessions. I'm introducing a whole bunch of new people to music with Kodi and the recent MusicBrainzID change makes it very hard for those that just want a Siildeshow with just basic tagging. Telling them they have to also add the ID will flip most out IMO. Hard enough to get them to tag with some fairly easy tagging tools but MB Picard too? A bridge too far probably...
I'm having trouble with artists that have forbidden Windows explorer characters (\ / : * ? | " < >) and "." (dot at the end).

For that reason AC/DC folder name is "AC DC" (with a space), 2:54 is "2 54", fun. is "fun", M.I.A. is "M.I.A" and so on. The problem is that AS will look for an extrafanart folder at ":\Music\AC/DC\" which for the reasons above doesn't exist.

So, would be possible to make AS on those cases look also for "AC DC" or "AC-DC"? and "fun."-like cases subtract the dot at the end.