Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-28, 23:59)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-28, 23:51)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment the only version available is beta 6 Sad

You might need to manually refresh the repo. Kodi doesn't check for updated content all that often, so if you wait for it to appear automatically it could be a day or so. If you go into Kodi's settings and look for the addon area, you can go down to INSTALL FROM REPO, then highlight my repo, then use the context menu and select CHECK FOR UPDATES (or something like that). I did that on my Windows machine, and beta7 appeared and updated.

Yeah, I did that for the last updates. If I try to update in addon settings its says the last from Kodi repo is 2.0. and from yours is 2.0.1 beta 6.
(2016-07-29, 00:39)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-28, 23:59)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-28, 23:51)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment the only version available is beta 6 Sad

You might need to manually refresh the repo. Kodi doesn't check for updated content all that often, so if you wait for it to appear automatically it could be a day or so. If you go into Kodi's settings and look for the addon area, you can go down to INSTALL FROM REPO, then highlight my repo, then use the context menu and select CHECK FOR UPDATES (or something like that). I did that on my Windows machine, and beta7 appeared and updated.

Yeah, I did that for the last updates. If I try to update in addon settings its says the last from Kodi repo is 2.0. and from yours is 2.0.1 beta 6.

Don't know what to tell you. The Kodi repo won't be updated until this comes out of beta. My repo is definitely providing 2.0.1~beta 7. I confirmed it on my main Kodi machine.
I couldn't update, but worked on a new Kodi folder install.

Got it working now!

Doesn't work for artists with more than one dot however (eg. The Academy Is...). Not a big deal for me since I have only one in this condition. Also I notice this line on the log

Code:
20:31:31 T:859040   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ['<', '>', ':', '"', '/', '\\', '|', '?', '*']

Shouldn't '\\' be just '\'??
Thanks pkscout,

but the problem is, that even if i select show Background there is no Background, only black screen an of top of thah Spectrum Visualizaton. Before there was my chosen (in Kodi/Aeon nox- Settings) Background and then of top Visualization.

I'll try to enable loging for both Kodi an AS an will post back ASAP.
(2016-07-29, 01:34)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work for artists with more than one dot however (eg. The Academy Is...). Not a big deal for me since I have only one in this condition.

I think I can fix that. I'll take a look.

Quote:Also I notice this line on the log

Code:
20:31:31 T:859040   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ['<', '>', ':', '"', '/', '\\', '|', '?', '*']

Shouldn't '\\' be just '\'??

It technical is just \. In python the \ is an escape character telling the interpreter to basically ignore the next character (i.e. for closing quotes and such). So you have to use \\ to represent \. Without it you'd get an error because \' would cause the string literal to not have a closing quote. Short story, it's a python thing. Wink
(2016-07-29, 23:05)Novak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks pkscout,

but the problem is, that even if i select show Background there is no Background, only black screen an of top of thah Spectrum Visualizaton. Before there was my chosen (in Kodi/Aeon nox- Settings) Background and then of top Visualization.

I'll try to enable loging for both Kodi an AS an will post back ASAP.

That's a skin issue, not as AS issue. AS technically just tells the skin where the folder of artist images are. The skin decides how to display them. If you're using my Confluence mod, I'll take a look at it. If it's another skin, you'll need to contact the skin author.
2.0.1~beta8 released

2.0.1~beta8 now properly deals with multiple periods at the end of an artist's name. If you are replacing the periods with blanks (the default, in essence removing them), AS will now remove all periods until it gets to a non-period character. If you've chosen to replace trailing periods with something (like underscore), AS will only replace the last trailing period.

As usual, available from my beta repo.
Hi I have noticed slideshow artist is not creating its fanart folders since beta 7
and also i still dont seem to get any fanart at all

oops please disregard it working fine now
great job
Just tried the lastest beta, everything is working, no further complaints I promise!
To pkscout I was wondering how set in stone is artist slideshows image download location I ask this because a lot of people
are using android boxes with limited flash ram space is it possible to download to say a external drive to save space
on the box .
(2016-07-31, 00:51)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]To pkscout I was wondering how set in stone is artist slideshows image download location I ask this because a lot of people
are using android boxes with limited flash ram space is it possible to download to say a external drive to save space
on the box .

Pretty well set in stone for downloaded images. You could look at path substitutions to have your addon user data stored somewhere else if space is really an issue. The other option is to use Artist Slideshow Helper (it's available in the repo as well) to move the images out of the local addon directory. With ASH you can set any destination you'd like for the images and then select the migration type of MOVE to delete the originals from the source after the copy is done. All you have to do then is tell Artist Slideshow to use that same destination as the local image folder and then have AS use BOTH LOCAL AND REMOTE images. If you do all that, AS will download images to the external location for any artist that has at least one image. The only time AS will use the local storage is for a brand new artist.

This is basically what I do, and I use CronBMC to run AS Helper every night. So every night any images on my local storage get moved to the remote destination.
2.0.1 Released

2.0.1 was released today and should be available from both the main Kodi repo and my beta repo. There were no changes from 2.0.1~beta8.

v.2.0.1
- added option for fuzzy local path search replacing illegal path characters
- added option to search theaudiodb.com using artist name if mbid unavailable
- fixed issue when merging separate artist images with same file name
- added option to turn off featured or multi-artist image merge
- fixed crash if htbackdrops or last.fm are unresponsive
Hi Pkscout,

Yesterday I had saw that "Artist Slideshow" stayed stuck on the set of fanarts of a particular artist (I remember that I previously saw the same situation before but didn't take care of this. That's only to say that I didn't know exactly what was my Kodi / Addon versions when the problem occurs for the very first time).
I made some tests this morning and find out that when I (or a playlist) launches a music file from this specific artist the "Artist Slideshow" popup error message appears and then the set of fanarts will not change anymore, whatever the artist / song playing. Stop / Start the music do not solve the problem, I need to restart Kodi to make the addon working again.

here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/9wATCY8T

Thank you for your help and for this great addon.

With best regards,

JP
(2016-08-03, 12:54)JPM39 Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I had saw that "Artist Slideshow" stayed stuck on the set of fanarts of a particular artist (I remember that I previously saw the same situation before but didn't take care of this. That's only to say that I didn't know exactly what was my Kodi / Addon versions when the problem occurs for the very first time).
I made some tests this morning and find out that when I (or a playlist) launches a music file from this specific artist the "Artist Slideshow" popup error message appears and then the set of fanarts will not change anymore, whatever the artist / song playing. Stop / Start the music do not solve the problem, I need to restart Kodi to make the addon working again.

The log you posted only had the AS debug logging on. You need to also set the Kodi debug logging to true. That said, it looks like the problem is when AS is trying to read the bio from Kodi. So if you go into the ARTIST BIO section of the AS settings and turn off GET BIO FROM KODI, I think that will temporarily fix your problem. I'd still like to see a full debug log so I can track this down.

Can you tell me what artist had started playing when it crashed?
(2016-08-03, 17:22)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-03, 12:54)JPM39 Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I had saw that "Artist Slideshow" stayed stuck on the set of fanarts of a particular artist (I remember that I previously saw the same situation before but didn't take care of this. That's only to say that I didn't know exactly what was my Kodi / Addon versions when the problem occurs for the very first time).

The log you posted only had the AS debug logging on. You need to also set the Kodi debug logging to true. That said, it looks like the problem is when AS is trying to read the bio from Kodi. So if you go into the ARTIST BIO section of the AS settings and turn off GET BIO FROM KODI, I think that will temporarily fix your problem. I'd still like to see a full debug log so I can track this down.

Can you tell me what artist had started playing when it crashed?

Thank you for answering so fast.

1/ You are right, the problem disapear when I turn off "GET BIO FROM KODI"
2/ The artist which causes it is "Yes"
3/ New complete log (sorry for the first one) is here: http://pastebin.com/uw0XmMUZ

I stay at your disposal for any other information you may need.