Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-14, 09:23)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-25, 17:06)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-25, 05:34)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23680615

That log shows only that Artist Slideshow has been installed. There is no indication that it is ever activated. You have to playing music, have your skin on the music visualization screen, and have a skin that supports AS.
I don't know what to say. I looked at the add-on and it is enabled. In this case I click on Run (I never had to do that before). When I play music the background is black. I bring up the visualization screen and the Artist slideshow add-on is enabled. If I disable AS in that screen, exit back to the song listing, then return to the visualization window and re-enable AS everything works, until I exit KODI. Then I have to go through this whole procedure again.

I'll send another log file. I also have a screen capture video, but that's a bit larger.
Here's the new logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23796850
Hi,

I'm using "Estuary Mod (pkscout)" on Kodi 17 RC3, is it possible to get the background only, without using a visualization?
When I turn off the visualization (non selected) I have the default black screen in the background, when using a visualization I have vis AND the fan-art background. So how can I get the AS backgrounds only?

Thanks for help,
Olie
(2017-01-14, 13:58)oledb0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm using "Estuary Mod (pkscout)" on Kodi 17 RC3, is it possible to get the background only, without using a visualization?
When I turn off the visualization (non selected) I have the default black screen in the background, when using a visualization I have vis AND the fan-art background. So how can I get the AS backgrounds only?

Thanks for help,
Olie

I also have this issue, i want to see just the artist slideshow like in confluence without all the overlay, as the images are dark.

note: I have the slideshow working as in i've installed the skin mod and the addon from beta channel. However in "visualisations" menu its not installed, so i can't turn it on or off or change any settings, any ideas why that would be?
(2017-01-14, 09:41)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-14, 09:23)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-25, 17:06)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]That log shows only that Artist Slideshow has been installed. There is no indication that it is ever activated. You have to playing music, have your skin on the music visualization screen, and have a skin that supports AS.
I don't know what to say. I looked at the add-on and it is enabled. In this case I click on Run (I never had to do that before). When I play music the background is black. I bring up the visualization screen and the Artist slideshow add-on is enabled. If I disable AS in that screen, exit back to the song listing, then return to the visualization window and re-enable AS everything works, until I exit KODI. Then I have to go through this whole procedure again.

I'll send another log file. I also have a screen capture video, but that's a bit larger.

I can see AS setting the artwork folder, so that is working properly. It looks like you're using the Transparency skin. Given AS is setting the artwork folder the next step would be for you to find the support thread for Transparency as ask there.
(2017-01-14, 18:34)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for help,
Olie

I also have this issue, i want to see just the artist slideshow like in confluence without all the overlay, as the images are dark.

note: I have the slideshow working as in i've installed the skin mod and the addon from beta channel. However in "visualisations" menu its not installed, so i can't turn it on or off or change any settings, any ideas why that would be?

The tint to the images is how the native Estuary does backgrounds, and I preserved that with my mod. If you want the image without any color diffusion, you will have to edit the MusicVisualization.xml file (it's in the skin folder in a folder called xml). Look for this line:

Code:
<imagepath colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>

and remove the colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" part of the imagepath tag. If you make this change, you should turn off auto update of the skin so that you have a chance to make the change again when the skin is updating.

Note that this change may make the text of the artist information (if you're showing that) unreadable depending on the image.
(2017-01-15, 06:35)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-14, 18:34)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for help,
Olie

The tint to the images is how the native Estuary does backgrounds, and I preserved that with my mod. If you want the image without any color diffusion, you will have to edit the MusicVisualization.xml file (it's in the skin folder in a folder called xml). Look for this line:

Code:
<imagepath colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>

and remove the colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" part of the imagepath tag. If you make this change, you should turn off auto update of the skin so that you have a chance to make the change again when the skin is updating.

Note that this change may make the text of the artist information (if you're showing that) unreadable depending on the image.

Hi pkscout,

works - thanks a lot!

edit/question: even if the visualization now is running "behind" the picture. Is there any way to run AS without any visualization? Or to use a default picture "in front" of the visualization, I can remember there was a album "collage" as default background in titan skin when no artist info's could be found for instance.

Cheers,
Ole
(2017-01-15, 12:50)oledb0815 Wrote: [ -> ]edit/question: even if the visualization now is running "behind" the picture. Is there any way to run AS without any visualization? Or to use a default picture "in front" of the visualization, I can remember there was a album "collage" as default background in titan skin when no artist info's could be found for instance.

I don't use any visualization on my setup and everything works fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is there. You can set a fallback folder in AS to use in cases where no images are found. Check the AS settings or take a look at the AS wiki page for info on that setting.
(2017-01-15, 06:22)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-14, 09:41)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-14, 09:23)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what to say. I looked at the add-on and it is enabled. In this case I click on Run (I never had to do that before). When I play music the background is black. I bring up the visualization screen and the Artist slideshow add-on is enabled. If I disable AS in that screen, exit back to the song listing, then return to the visualization window and re-enable AS everything works, until I exit KODI. Then I have to go through this whole procedure again.

I can see AS setting the artwork folder, so that is working properly. It looks like you're using the Transparency skin. Given AS is setting the artwork folder the next step would be for you to find the support thread for Transparency as ask there.
Thanks, I'll try there.
ok . i am using kodi for a long time , Always had problems with this ,,
artist slideshow download images but most of the time it cant find any images and it stays empty,, but now its enough i think,,i wanna know how it works ,,
i am thinking verry simple here ,,
why not make artist folder for every artist it plays with the extrafanart map to use the images that are there for the slideshow? i have images in there .. if slidshow cant find em i can easy put images there and have a background slidshw when playing music. why does it have to be so difficult Huh i hate the hash stuff why not just make it easy for everyone to edit stuff that slidshow cant find ,, cause believe me it cant find alot. specialy the artist featering the other artist tracks.

or is there an easy option that it works together with the cdart manager output map? cause i am realy getting tired of all thos missing images here ,, i am a little of an uitist and i want it completely filled and not half missing things?
(2017-01-21, 16:19)style2k Wrote: [ -> ]ok . i am using kodi for a long time , Always had problems with this ,,
artist slideshow download images but most of the time it cant find any images and it stays empty,, but now its enough i think,,i wanna know how it works ,,
why not make artist folder for every artist it plays with the extrafanart map to use the images that are there for the slideshow? i have images in there .. if slidshow cant find em i can easy put images there and have a background slidshw when playing music. why does it have to be so difficult Huh i hate the hash stuff why not just make it easy for everyone to edit stuff that slidshow cant find ,, cause believe me it cant find alot. specialy the artist featering the other artist tracks.

or is there an easy option that it works together with the cdart manager output map? cause i am realy getting tired of all thos missing images here ,, i am a little of an uitist and i want it completely filled and not half missing things?

Please go read the wiki page for Artist Slideshow (link in my signature). There is already an option (and has been for several years) to use local fanart if you have it.
(2017-01-21, 18:40)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-21, 16:19)style2k Wrote: [ -> ]ok . i am using kodi for a long time , Always had problems with this ,,

Please go read the wiki page for Artist Slideshow (link in my signature). There is already an option (and has been for several years) to use local fanart if you have it.

i read it already a milion times but it just doesnt seem to work.
i also not play albums . when i play i have a map with loos mp3 files in it . and i put new tracks in it when i got new tracks ,, so then there is also no fanart map because i dont wanna see images of other artist then the artist i am playing .
and in as settings i tried set map to same map as cdart manager output wih has load of images .. but as seems to not seeing the images
(2017-01-21, 18:43)style2k Wrote: [ -> ]i read it already a milion times but it just doesnt seem to work

Then I need debug log files (with both Kodi AND Artist Slideshow debugging on) as well as screenshots of all your Artist Slideshow settings. The local image stuff definitely works. I use it myself daily.
(2017-01-21, 18:45)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-21, 18:43)style2k Wrote: [ -> ]i read it already a milion times but it just doesnt seem to work

Then I need debug log files (with both Kodi AND Artist Slideshow debugging on) as well as screenshots of all your Artist Slideshow settings. The local image stuff definitely works. I use it myself daily.

ok how i get the debuggin?
(2017-01-21, 19:39)style2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-21, 18:45)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]

ok how i get the debuggin?

Other link in my signature. Also, see the AS wiki page for instructions on how to enable debug logging for AS.
ok i try that tomorrow