Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-29, 21:37)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for some reason I missed that post...so little to no chance to get proper folder names...

You are not dreaming ;P This is how it work, i have cdartManager, skin-helper and AS pointed to one folder on my NAS, and in theory its a pretty solid solution, but as I said in my previous post, ASH did not work all the time for me, and I can't figure out why...

So it appears that AS works in both directions either with "Hashed" names from the cache directory and/or the "real" names from the "local artist folder"!?

Is there a specific reason to use both CDAM and AS? From what I read they are doing the same whereas CDAM will only grab artwork for those items which are in the Kodi music database.
Yes it works both ways, you just need to setup AS correct. Like I said, I have one big folder with lots and lots of "artist art" and AS first look in this folder for fanart and only if there is nothing to use it "gos online"

CDAM download everything, artist thumb, logo, banner, cdArt, cover and fanart, AS only looking for fanart.
If you use a skin witch make use of all the art you get from fanart.TV its pretty cool Smile
Also if you have a big collection you just need to run CDAM once and you have fanart for all you music, if its on fanart.tv, in one place and AS can make use of it without the need to download the fanart first
(2017-01-28, 18:50)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-28, 15:00)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be an idea to have the option to use Google and Flickr?
I know that it would not be a sure fire result but to be honest I would prefer anything above an empty screen Smile

Neither Google nor Flickr have an API for image search. If you want to search those sites manually and download the images, that would certainly work. As to something versus nothing, I think it's much better to return actual images of the artist than random images that might be the artist.

I think that both have that.
Custom Search JSON/Atom API
The JSON/Atom Custom Search API lets you develop websites and applications to retrieve and display search results from Google Custom Search programmatically. With this API, you can use RESTful requests to get either web search or image search results in JSON or Atom format.

flickr.photos.search
Return a list of photos matching some criteria. Only photos visible to the calling user will be returned. To return private or semi-private photos, the caller must be authenticated with 'read' permissions, and have permission to view the photos. Unauthenticated calls will only return public photos.
(2017-02-01, 16:08)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]I think that both have that.
Custom Search JSON/Atom API
The JSON/Atom Custom Search API lets you develop websites and applications to retrieve and display search results from Google Custom Search programmatically. With this API, you can use RESTful requests to get either web search or image search results in JSON or Atom format.

flickr.photos.search
Return a list of photos matching some criteria. Only photos visible to the calling user will be returned. To return private or semi-private photos, the caller must be authenticated with 'read' permissions, and have permission to view the photos. Unauthenticated calls will only return public photos.

Thanks for those. Here are my thoughts after spending some time with both. To set expectations, I believe AS should almost 100% of the time return the correct artist's images at a reasonable quality with an option to restrict them to 16x9 images.

With Flickr I can give you decent quality images and figure out the right aspect ratio, but there is no guarantee you will get an image of the actual artist. Meatloaf is my prime example. I did an API search with that, and none of the top 100 results were of the artist Meatloaf. They were of, well, meatloaf. Even using Billy Joel, most of the first 100 results were crappy, low quality images. Given that, Flickr is out in my opinion.

With Google, I would have to get an API key using my personal account at which point it would be limited to 100 queries per day with additional queries costing $5/1000 queries. That's a deal breaker. I'm not going to have AS use an API that can only do 100 global queries per day, and I'm not spending $5/1000 to buy queries. I suspect Google is going to give similarly crappy results (as far as AS is concerned), so that one is also out.

Folks, seriously, if every one that used AS gave $2 a month ($1 to theaudiodb and $1 to fanart.tv), this problem of availability would be solved many times over. So again I beg you to please pay to support the high quality sites that make AS possible.
For info, the TheAudioDB API is back online and pushing data Wink
Im curious, whats the bandwidth limit for theaudiodb?
(2017-02-02, 14:11)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Im curious, whats the bandwidth limit for theaudiodb?

3TB a month is the limit on my co-location hosting before I have to pay excess fees.

So about 100GB a day transfer. Mostly its the music fanart.

Bear in mind we also use CloudFlare so real usage is more like 12TB a month. Luckily their free tier is still working well Wink
Wow and you run out of bandwidth last month...that's lots of downloaded fanart.
(2017-02-02, 14:42)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Wow and you run out of bandwidth last month...that's lots of downloaded fanart.

If you think thats impressive, you should see what http://fanart.tv push each month Wink
I guess a lot more Smile
But fanart.tv provide movie/TV shows and music..and I guess its more common than audiodb?
Well, after spending a week or so of hours here and there trying to get this working flawlessly i'm out of luck and patience!

Is AS the only option for showing fanart?
(2017-01-29, 12:59)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-29, 01:34)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-28, 21:41)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]edit: on quick inspection it seems that the artists that aren't showing do not have full fanarttvartistimages.nfo files compared to ones that are. What would stop this from populating properly?

That most likely means that either there were no images available when AS checked last or AS was not able to connect the fanart.tv for some reason. The caching mechanism for AS is very aggressive now, so AS will only check for updates at a random interval that is between three and six months. This was done to, not surprisingly, to reduce load on the various services. You can force a refresh by deleting the fanarttvartistimages.nfo file and the fanarttvcachetime.nfo file in the appropriate folder.

There is no "clean" option for AS, and I don't plan to add one. If you really want to clean out everything, delete the ArtistInformation folder in the AS userdata folder. As long as you leave the ArtistSlideshow folder, at least you won't be downloading all the images again.

The respective folder in ArtistSlideshow for the artist are full with images, but they aren't showing. I did delete the ArtistInformation folder and the same happens, the .nfo file is only partially full (doesn't contain the image links).

This is shown by this log, that the images are there, but yet again they aren't showing http://pastebin.com/mN8CsFE0 I thought i was passed this issue but seems its back!

This is a more complete paste taken after i skipped track: http://pastebin.com/NuAvyRMs Hopefully you can see from here why images aren't showing, they are downloaded in the artists folder.

Here is a paste from a WORKING artist, http://pastebin.com/R8UYsDUw
(2017-02-02, 18:20)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after spending a week or so of hours here and there trying to get this working flawlessly i'm out of luck and patience!

Try once more the following: Install Nebula Skin, while playing Music press "Tab" then "Enter" which should bring an OSD on the upper border of the screen. Then press the sign with the "head".
(2017-02-02, 18:46)hoschilo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-02, 18:20)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after spending a week or so of hours here and there trying to get this working flawlessly i'm out of luck and patience!

Try once more the following: Install Nebula Skin, while playing Music press "Tab" then "Enter" which should bring an OSD on the upper border of the screen. Then press the sign with the "head".

So you think its pkscouts skin mod being the issue? i'll test this shortly, but i want to use the default skin really!

Nebula isn't on 17 repo. I am using the modified skin by pkscout

EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

Two examples:

https://sendvid.com/pfkmn6s0
https://sendvid.com/9m673h94
(2017-02-03, 11:37)bitnumus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-02, 18:46)hoschilo Wrote: [ -> ]

So you think its pkscouts skin mod being the issue? i'll test this shortly, but i want to use the default skin really!

Nebula isn't on 17 repo. I am using the modified skin by pkscout

EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

Two examples:

https://sendvid.com/pfkmn6s0
https://sendvid.com/9m673h94

Sorry forget what posted about "Nebula", I did not got the whole story. I tried with 2Pac and AS is working as expected, for Kanu - no fanart shows up - it appears that there is no fanart available on Fanart.TV (you can check this by yourself with the MBID for the artists you don't get fanart). Posting log file (do not forget enable debug log in AS settings) would help to understand what is going on.