Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-03, 00:01)Pitman33 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply. I disabled all the art download programs I could leaving Slideshow. But I keep getting tons of fanart, logo, banner, etc. downloading to each artist folder. I can't even see where they are coming from or how to change the folder for downloads. I'm trying to keep all the artwork in a separate drive and folder. It's really annoying. Are you sure Artist Slideshow isn't downloading all this art?
 I'm 97.3% sure it's not Artist Slideshow.  I've been maintaining the code for almost 10 years, and I know there's nothing in there that is requesting banners, posters, or logos.  If you turned on the options under fanart.tv and/or theaudiodb.com to download images regardless of resolution then you will get a few other images (like artist headshots), but nothing of the magnitude you're seeing.  To help further I'd need to see a debug log with both Kodi debug logging and Artist Slideshow debug logging turned on (the AS one is in the advanced settings, see link in my signature for the Kodi one).  Maybe I can at least figure out which add-on is doing it.
(2018-03-30, 00:54)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-29, 14:36)Pitman33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I can't seem to find the answer. When I play music, extrafanart, banner, fanart, folder, logo always get generated in the source music folder. I have a different folder set up for that, but can't seem to stop Kodi from generating all the art in the source music folders. 

Is there a simple step by step procedure to direct Kodi to download images to the folder of my choosing?
 Artist Slideshow only downloads fanart, so if you're getting all that other stuff it's from somewhere else.  I know there are a few addons that do downloads of stuff like that for music (and movies, and TV Shows), so maybe look for something like Artwork Downloader, Artwork Beef, Artwork Organizer, or maybe even cdArt Manager.  Those are a few of the ones I know off the top of my head that download all the extra stuff.  

My assumption is either Artwork Beef or the Skin. I'm having the same issue using Artwork Beef & Arctic Zephyr+ at this point in time. If it is Artwork Beef, then this will not be solvable on Krypton as the author has disabled the music artwork section of the UI under Krypton for some reason. Logic would suggest that the author's code shouldn't be attempting to grab anything for music, if the addon code is not compatible with v17, and only works with v18 Leia. Then again, logic and Kodi addons aren't two words i'd generally use in the same sentence anyhow, as in the main, most of the addons i've ever used on Kodi exhibit some kind of quirkiness somewhere.

Artwork Downloader doesn't support music AFAIK (Because cdART Manager exists) so I don't think it's this one. Artwork Organizer moves artwork to a central folder, and only works when manually triggered by the user, same deal with cdART Manager (with regards initiating artwork downloading), so that pretty much rules both of those out.

I would agree that it's annoying if you want to keep artist folders clean for cross-use with other apps/services, but short of disabling all artwork addons (temporarily), custom skins and/or enabling debug logging and manually sifting through the log, I doubt there's much you can do to eliminate it easily at this time.
The general solution (or at least a big move in that direction) is Kodi 18.  There's a proposed change that hasn't been added yet.  Once that happens music art will be handled very much like video art.  Skins will need to be modified to take advantage of the new features.  Artwork Beef is pretty much getting updated in parallel, and using the current Kodi 18 nightly and latest AB will result in better music art than experienced with Krypton.  I haven't have a chance to look closely at the current AS but it should also work well.  The only potential for glitch I see is Kodi 18 has one scheme for creating the artist data storage folders and AS or other addons may work slightly differently resulting in different artist folder names in some cases (mainly, when illegal filename characters are in the artist name, or there are more than one artist in the library with the same name).

AFAIK, no Kodi scrapers download any art (that may change when scrapers move to Python).  Scrapers provide a link to online art that gets stored in the library, and when Kodi needs to display the art it is downloaded (and possibly resized based on advancedsettings) into the thumbnail cache.

scott s.
(2018-04-03, 23:12)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]The general solution (or at least a big move in that direction) is Kodi 18.  There's a proposed change that hasn't been added yet.  Once that happens music art will be handled very much like video art.  Skins will need to be modified to take advantage of the new features.  Artwork Beef is pretty much getting updated in parallel, and using the current Kodi 18 nightly and latest AB will result in better music art than experienced with Krypton.  I haven't have a chance to look closely at the current AS but it should also work well.  The only potential for glitch I see is Kodi 18 has one scheme for creating the artist data storage folders and AS or other addons may work slightly differently resulting in different artist folder names in some cases (mainly, when illegal filename characters are in the artist name, or there are more than one artist in the library with the same name).
@scott967 is there documentation or somewhere else I can go to take a look at this new manner of dealing with music art?  I'd like to try and get ahead of it and see what changes might need to be made to AS to make the best use of the new method (and figure out how to migrate old AS data if needed).  Thanks.
The thread in the music forum has been following it
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324170

And the github PRs
Album/Artist extended artwork - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13672
Song extended artwork - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13533

There is also a windows test build with the album/artist PR included. It should be merged very soon.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ge-x64.exe

Screenshot
From the POV of AS, I think the main thing is that music scanning now can local info scrape artists and albums from a user-specified folder tree or from the Krypton location (library music source folder tree).  Likewise, you can export artist (and this includes song artist and contributors as well as album artists) and album data to a user-specified folder tree (including art thumbs).  This folder tree is created (or read during scanning) using artist name string as folder name and optionally within the first album artist folder the album name string.  Illegal filename characters in the name strings are replaced with underscore (_).  Duplicate name strings are made unique by appending underscore and the first 4 characters of the artist or album MBID (_00aa).

JSON interface allows creating arbitrary music arttype definitions (eg, discart, clearlogo) for songs, artists, and albums and assign art to the arttype in the same way as is currently available for videos.  Skin can display art using ListItem.Art and Player.Art.  When multiple artists exist they can be individually displayed using convention for first artist ListItem.Art(artist1.thumb).

This new feature makes it practicable to store extrafanart either within the library itself or in a folder in this new artist/album info folder tree.

scott s.
Hi there, 

for some reasons AS dont move the extrafanart to the NAS/Artist/extrafanart folder....they all stay in .kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\temp Folder, the _imgdb.nfo is  however found in the NAS/artist/extrafanart folder..

here is a Debug Log

pastebin.xyz/p?q=dUFDQ20

thanks for looking at it Smile
(2018-05-10, 15:15)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, 

for some reasons AS dont move the extrafanart to the NAS/Artist/extrafanart folder....they all stay in .kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\temp Folder, the _imgdb.nfo is  however found in the NAS/artist/extrafanart folder..

here is a Debug Log

pastebin.xyz/p?q=dUFDQ20

thanks for looking at it Smile
All I can say in looking at that is that there is something happening with the NFS access.  Are you using NFS mounts defined in Kodi or NFS mounts in an FSTAB file with path substitution?  If the latter, I've never tested with that, so I have no idea how using that particular hack might affect file system access from the Kodi virtual file system (which I use in AS).

BTW, I use NFS here with mounts defined in Kodi and haven't seen that particular problem.
Hi, I can't get AS to work with local stored images for artists with illegal characters or trailling dot (I'm on 2.1.2 version). If i recall correctly there were an 'Enable' option on older versions but I didn't found it or it was removed maybe. I set "-"for illegal characters and "_" for trailling ot, to reflect exactly  the artist folders wrwe the images are stored, but had no luck
AS does the text replacement by default now, so there is no enabling it.  By default it does Windows style replacements, which I generally recommend because Windows is the most restrictive in terms of characters for replacement.  Could you enable both Kodi and AS debug logging, try an artist you know should generate a problem, and post the log?  I'll take a look at it.
(2018-05-15, 18:51)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]AS does the text replacement by default now, so there is no enabling it.  By default it does Windows style replacements, which I generally recommend because Windows is the most restrictive in terms of characters for replacement.  Could you enable both Kodi and AS debug logging, try an artist you know should generate a problem, and post the log?  I'll take a look at it.
NVM, I think I must have messed something up, just reinstalled the addon, replaced '_' for '-' and it's working now Smile
BTW, is there a way to include the root artist fanart to the slideshow? Only the ones on 'extrafanart' folder are getting displayed
(2018-05-16, 00:39)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-15, 18:51)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]AS does the text replacement by default now, so there is no enabling it.  By default it does Windows style replacements, which I generally recommend because Windows is the most restrictive in terms of characters for replacement.  Could you enable both Kodi and AS debug logging, try an artist you know should generate a problem, and post the log?  I'll take a look at it.
NVM, I think I must have messed something up, just reinstalled the addon, replaced '_' for '-' and it's working now Smile
BTW, is there a way to include the root artist fanart to the slideshow? Only the ones on 'extrafanart' folder are getting displayed 
Yes there is.  In the slideshow section of the settings there is an option to include the root level fanart and folder files.  All that and more is explained on the Wiki page for AS (link in my sig). 😜
(2018-05-16, 04:17)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-16, 00:39)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes there is.  In the slideshow section of the settings there is an option to include the root level fanart and folder files.  All that and more is explained on the Wiki page for AS (link in my sig). 😜 
 It was already toggled on but no luck. Anyway I read the wiki and it says the AS will copy the the fanart.png or folder.png to the extrafanart, but all my fanart are .jpg (the root and the obes on extrafanart) does it matters?
(2018-05-19, 15:07)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-16, 04:17)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-16, 00:39)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]NVM, I think I must have messed something up, just reinstalled the addon, replaced '_' for '-' and it's working now Smile
 It was already toggled on but no luck. Anyway I read the wiki and it says the AS will copy the the fanart.png or folder.png to the extrafanart, but all my fanart are .jpg (the root and the obes on extrafanart) does it matters? 
No, the extension shouldn't matter. AS looks for .png, .jpg, .jpeg, and .gif files named fanart or folder.  If you post a log with debugging turned on for AS and Kodi with an artist who has the root level files, I can take a look.
(2018-05-19, 19:25)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-19, 15:07)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-16, 04:17)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there is.  In the slideshow section of the settings there is an option to include the root level fanart and folder files.  All that and more is explained on the Wiki page for AS (link in my sig). 😜  
No, the extension shouldn't matter. AS looks for .png, .jpg, .jpeg, and .gif files named fanart or folder.  If you post a log with debugging turned on for AS and Kodi with an artist who has the root level files, I can take a look.
 My bad again, I think I had to restart Kodi, but AS is including root level fanart on the slideshow. Pretty handy option because many less known artists/bands doesn't have extrafanarts.