Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-26, 14:57)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-26, 14:38)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get AS to work anymore.
I attach the kodi log here
What could be the problem?
For some reason there is a parse error with a JSON call AS makes to Kodi, but that call has worked fine in the past.  I did notice that you are running 18.2-RC1 which probably means you're downloading from the nightlies.  Nightlies sometimes break stuff temporarily, so you might try downloading another nightly build in a day or two and see if the problem is resolved.  I don't remember seeing anything about JSON changes in 18.2, but I will check. 
I reverted back to 18.1 and seems fine now. thanks
I think there was a JSON change recently merged, maybe thats whats caused it. For info: @DaveBlake
(2019-03-24, 14:40)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 06:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]I have selected the option, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong?As you can see, the above image I do not have in my Eminem/extrafanart folder but yet it appears at the very beginning of an Eminem song.
Try turning off the option at the bottom of the settings screen shot labeled "Use transparent background when no artist images found."  When AS first starts there are no images yet found, so it will show the background image for the artist that Kodi downloaded briefly before starting the slideshow.  If you uncheck the option I mentioned you'll get a blank screen until the slideshow starts. 

Can you please tell me/.. if I want only the local artist images stored in Artist name/extrafanart folder … which option to select? I do not want remote images to be displayed at all. Thank you.
(2019-03-29, 06:39)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 14:40)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 06:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]I have selected the option, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong?As you can see, the above image I do not have in my Eminem/extrafanart folder but yet it appears at the very beginning of an Eminem song.
Try turning off the option at the bottom of the settings screen shot labeled "Use transparent background when no artist images found."  When AS first starts there are no images yet found, so it will show the background image for the artist that Kodi downloaded briefly before starting the slideshow.  If you uncheck the option I mentioned you'll get a blank screen until the slideshow starts.  

Can you please tell me/.. if I want only the local artist images stored in Artist name/extrafanart folder … which option to select? I do not want remote images to be displayed at all. Thank you. 

To have AS not download any remote images, you can go to SETTINGS > SLIDESHOW and set image priority to USE LOCAL IMAGES FIRST.  If a folder with images already exists, AS will use that and not download any artist images.  If you never want AS to download remote images at all (even if no local ones exist), go to SETTINGS > IMAGES and turn off DOWNLOAD IMAGES FROM FANART.TV and DOWNLOAD IMAGES FROM THEAUDIODB.COM.
I think I might have found a bug in the Fallback Slideshow feature.

I enabled the fallback slideshow and set a folder with images. In the most part this works as expected and uses those images when there are no images for the currently playing artist but if there is a secondary/featured artist that also has no images available the fallback slideshow does not start and just displays a black screen.

I do have secondary/featured artist images enabled and would like to keep this option.
(2019-04-04, 11:21)Hallucyn8 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might have found a bug in the Fallback Slideshow feature.

I enabled the fallback slideshow and set a folder with images. In the most part this works as expected and uses those images when there are no images for the currently playing artist but if there is a secondary/featured artist that also has no images available the fallback slideshow does not start and just displays a black screen.

I do have secondary/featured artist images enabled and would like to keep this option.
I don't think I ever tested for that particular scenario, so it's entirely possible it is broken.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll add this to the list of fixes I need to do.  Things have been a bit crazy for me lately, so it may be a few weeks before I can dig into it though.
(2019-04-05, 01:54)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 11:21)Hallucyn8 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might have found a bug in the Fallback Slideshow feature.

I don't think I ever tested for that particular scenario, so it's entirely possible it is broken.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll add this to the list of fixes I need to do.  Things have been a bit crazy for me lately, so it may be a few weeks before I can dig into it though.

Thanks appreciate you looking into it. Keep up the good work!
I've just updated to 18.1 "Leia" on my linux box and am running Estuary Leia Mod skin.  I am noticing that all my non 1080p images are no longer displaying correctly.  If it is "square" image it's cutting off the tops of the images.   Prior to my update the pictures displayed with bars on the side but showed the complete image.  

Is there a setting somewhere that need's to be set now? 

Thank
(2019-04-11, 21:45)tscholl Wrote: [ -> ]I've just updated to 18.1 "Leia" on my linux box and am running Estuary Leia Mod skin.  I am noticing that all my non 1080p images are no longer displaying correctly.  If it is "square" image it's cutting off the tops of the images.   Prior to my update the pictures displayed with bars on the side but showed the complete image.  

Thank
Not of which I'm aware.  AS technically doesn't show the slideshow, it just tells the skin where the folder of images are to be displayed.  I checked my Leia Estuary mod, and the code to display the images is the same as core Estuary, so if the mod to which you are referring is mine, then all I can say is that it works the same way as the default Estuary build does.  '-)  If it's some other mod, could you try it with the default Estuary skin (which now has basic AS support) and see if you get the same problem?
(2019-04-12, 04:16)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-11, 21:45)tscholl Wrote: [ -> ]I've just updated to 18.1 "Leia" on my linux box and am running Estuary Leia Mod skin.  I am noticing that all my non 1080p images are no longer displaying correctly.  If it is "square" image it's cutting off the tops of the images.   Prior to my update the pictures displayed with bars on the side but showed the complete image.  

Thank
Not of which I'm aware.  AS technically doesn't show the slideshow, it just tells the skin where the folder of images are to be displayed.  I checked my Leia Estuary mod, and the code to display the images is the same as core Estuary, so if the mod to which you are referring is mine, then all I can say is that it works the same way as the default Estuary build does.  '-)  If it's some other mod, could you try it with the default Estuary skin (which now has basic AS support) and see if you get the same problem? 
I was using your Estuary Mod, but I switched back to the default Estuary skin as suggested and see the same results.
I also tested it with Kodi 17.6, your Estuary Mod for 17, and your 2.1.4 beta AS and it works correctly.  However after I upgrade to 18.1 I see the problem again.
The same behavior is found in the windows versions as well.   So some change was made between 17.6 and 18.1 on how KODI displays images. 

That being said it's definitely not a AS problem, but the problem seriously affects the way the images look when displayed.  

Not sure where to go from here unless you can send it back to the dev's for a resolution.
(2019-04-12, 17:57)tscholl Wrote: [ -> ]The same behavior is found in the windows versions as well.   So some change was made between 17.6 and 18.1 on how KODI displays images. 

That being said it's definitely not a AS problem, but the problem seriously affects the way the images look when displayed.  

Not sure where to go from here unless you can send it back to the dev's for a resolution.
I think I found the difference between the v17 and v18 skin.  If you go to my v18 mod folder and look for xml/MusicVisualization.xml you can change line 43 from:
Code:
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
to:
Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

I think that will revert back the behavior.  I've been pretty consistent about not wanting to change much of the default Estuary behavior in my mod except for the home screen customization, so I need to decide if I'm going to consider this a bug and fix it or just leave it.  I just hate the idea that any time I update my mod that you'd have to manually make that change.  So maybe there's a new option to add to the mod.  '-)

This should be fixed in 2.14~beta2.  I just released it into my beta repo.  If you want to try it you can install my beta repo and update AS from that.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.1.zip

Otherwise I'll probably put in the request to update the main repo in the next few days.
(2019-04-13, 01:32)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-12, 17:57)tscholl Wrote: [ -> ]The same behavior is found in the windows versions as well.   So some change was made between 17.6 and 18.1 on how KODI displays images. 

I think I found the difference between the v17 and v18 skin.  If you go to my v18 mod folder and look for xml/MusicVisualization.xml you can change line 43 from:
Code:
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
to:
Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

I think that will revert back the behavior.  I've been pretty consistent about not wanting to change much of the default Estuary behavior in my mod except for the home screen customization, so I need to decide if I'm going to consider this a bug and fix it or just leave it.  I just hate the idea that any time I update my mod that you'd have to manually make that change.  So maybe there's a new option to add to the mod.  '-) 
 Ok I changed it as suggested.  It does change the behavior back to the original.  

There is however another problem.  The images are displayed on top of the fan art, and the fan art always displays around the edges. 

With it set to scale you just can't see the fan art because each image covers the whole screen.  In previous versions the fan art displayed as the first image and then the slide show started.