Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love this plugin! Thanks for your hard work.
Love the plugin, been using it ever since Dharma came out on Aeon Mq3.

one issue though, it often stops and I have to reenable it under Aeon Mq3settings (switch will be on, but swithcing off and back on will make it run again). Is this a known thing? If not ofcourse willing to post logs etc. Have had it for weeks so not something the latest version introduced.

Peculiarities of my asrock 330
-I updated XBMC live Eden to Dharma, so no clean install
-I always use sleep, so system doesnt eboot often
(2012-08-17, 23:37)Crowly Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this has already been reported, or if its a problem with this Add-on. But when i set it up for a colleague of mine to day i encountered an issue with a Norwegian letter, Ø (i would guess Æ and Å gives the same issue) in the user name on Windows 7, which of course affects the path to the user settings for XBMC. In this case the user name was øystein, so the path became c:\users\øystein\appdata\....

This add-on just gave an script error when i went into full screen. The quick solution was just to create another user without one of the extra Norwegian letters in the user name.

If this is a problem with the add-on it would be nice if that could be fixed. If its a Windows issue (or something else), this might be useful information for others that might encounter the same problem Smile

specials chars seem to be a problem for local download as well.
e.g. Björk or Alizeé, artist slideshow downloads and displays all info but nothing gets saved in my local folder. works very well for all other artists without ö/ä/ü etc.

my system:
windows 7 64bit
frodo pvr a3
aeon mq4

some debug output, that's all what i can find:
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: current artist is Björk
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: looking for local artwork
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = M:\Björk/extrafanart
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: start download
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\c300b8bf\
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached images found
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: invalid local xml file for bio
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached artist bio info found
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: invalid local xml file for similar
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached artist similar info found
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: invalid local xml file for albums
13:59:49 T:2320 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached artist albums info found
@pkscuot, latest translation for Portuguese (Brazil), here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist...trings.xml

Thanks,

Wanilton
(2012-08-19, 14:15)dreamkp Wrote: [ -> ]specials chars seem to be a problem for local download as well.
e.g. Björk or Alizeé, artist slideshow downloads and displays all info but nothing gets saved in my local folder. works very well for all other artists without ö/ä/ü etc.

I used some of my google-fu and found something that might fix this and the problem with extended characters in a username. I don't have a good way to test it on my system, but it at least didn't break anything. For folks with these problems, please download and try this branch:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...scii-paths
French translation :

Code:
<string id="32203">Type de notification durant le téléchargement</string>
<string id="32204">Dossier pour les images personnalisées de notification</string>
<string id="32206">Aucune</string>
<string id="32207">Notifications texte</string>
<string id="32208">Images personnalisées</string>
Hi There,

I started to get these "Please be patient, downloading first artist image" -messages when playing new artist. I don´t have use to these kind of features so it´s quite irritating me. I looked artist slideshow settings but any of those didn´t shot this notification window down.

Thanks in advance!
(2012-08-19, 20:23)perkins Wrote: [ -> ]I started to get these "Please be patient, downloading first artist image" -messages when playing new artist. I don´t have use to these kind of features so it´s quite irritating me. I looked artist slideshow settings but any of those didn´t shot this notification window down.

Take a look at this post for a link to a new beta that makes the notifications optional (and off by default). If you don't want to download and install the zip file by hand, look at this post for a work around until I push the updates into the official repo.
(2012-08-19, 20:56)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-19, 20:23)perkins Wrote: [ -> ]I started to get these "Please be patient, downloading first artist image" -messages when playing new artist. I don´t have use to these kind of features so it´s quite irritating me. I looked artist slideshow settings but any of those didn´t shot this notification window down.

Take a look at this post for a link to a new beta that makes the notifications optional (and off by default). If you don't want to download and install the zip file by hand, look at this post for a work around until I push the updates into the official repo.

Thanks for your reply. I temporarely disabled the whole Artist slideshow and rebooted the MacMini/XBMC and it did the trick. I´ll check the next official release and good if the notification is optional in that release.

Hi pkscuot, Hi ronie

It is easy to put a MAX (maximal) Image Height/Width aka MIN Option´s ?
Would be nice on Lower Systems.

I loved this Addon and I love it for the Future. Works great so far (EDEN, 1.4.2) Big THX

greetz djtoll
(2012-08-19, 23:45)djtoll Wrote: [ -> ]It is easy to put a MAX (maximal) Image Height/Width aka MIN Option´s ?

It is technically possible. The issue is that adding two more options to the download settings is going to require me to rethink the settings pages, and I kind of like the way they are organized right now. Given that you can already limit the size of the overall download cache in the advanced settings, I'm wondering what the value of this would be. I only rarely see something larger than 1920 x 1080, and even with a slow internet connection a file of that size shouldn't take long to download.

Anyone else have thoughts?
(2012-08-20, 00:01)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-19, 23:45)djtoll Wrote: [ -> ]It is easy to put a MAX (maximal) Image Height/Width aka MIN Option´s ?

It is technically possible. The issue is that adding two more options to the download settings is going to require me to rethink the settings pages, and I kind of like the way they are organized right now. Given that you can already limit the size of the overall download cache in the advanced settings, I'm wondering what the value of this would be. I only rarely see something larger than 1920 x 1080, and even with a slow internet connection a file of that size shouldn't take long to download.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Thanks for answering,
correct "the way they are organized right now." is great ... then we leave it that way Smile
Just wanted to filter out the images larger than 300 kb because the are generally also larger than 800 x 800 pixels, which need not necessarily on a low system and displays with 800 X 480 pixel.

Hi

Is there a way to clear the cach?
I want to get rid of the non 16:9 images that the plugin downloaded before i change the setting "only 16:9 images"
Anyone please? Would like to know if this is to be expected on some setups.

(2012-08-19, 13:20)kees667 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the plugin, been using it ever since Dharma came out on Aeon Mq3.

one issue though, it often stops and I have to reenable it under Aeon Mq3settings (switch will be on, but swithcing off and back on will make it run again). Is this a known thing? If not ofcourse willing to post logs etc. Have had it for weeks so not something the latest version introduced.

Peculiarities of my asrock 330
-I updated XBMC live Eden to Dharma, so no clean install
-I always use sleep, so system doesnt eboot often

(2012-08-19, 16:21)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-19, 14:15)dreamkp Wrote: [ -> ]specials chars seem to be a problem for local download as well.

I used some of my google-fu and found something that might fix this and the problem with extended characters in a username. I don't have a good way to test it on my system, but it at least didn't break anything. For folks with these problems, please download and try this branch:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...scii-paths
hi pkscuot,

thanks for getting on that so fast.
the new branch script throws an error when playing an artist with special chars and it still doesn't save anything.

------------------------
17:37:42 T:2276 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: current artist is Björk
17:37:42 T:2276 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: looking for local artwork
17:37:42 T:2276 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
17:37:42 T:2276 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
17:37:42 T:2276 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 39: ordinal not in range(128)
17:37:42 T:2276 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 742, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 144, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 180, in _use_correct_artwork
self._get_local_images()
File "C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 496, in _get_local_images
log('cachedir = %s' % self.CacheDir)
File "C:\xbmc_frodo\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 78, in log
xbmc.log(msg=message, level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 39: ordinal not in range(128)
17:37:42 T:2276 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
17:37:42 T:2276 INFO: Python script stopped
------------------------

(2012-08-19, 16:21)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a good way to test it on my system, but it at least didn't break anything.
that should be easy if you just need some test material
create a new artist folder in your collection, name it Björk, copy any mp3 in there and adjust artist tag with Björk, scrape it into your library and run artist slideshow over it.
example of a file name: "Björk - Homogenic - 01 - Hunter.mp3"

regards,
maikl

P.S:
default.py from cdart manager might be worth a look into. it creates folders and writes fanart from artists with special chars fine to the filesystem
unfortunately my python skills are limited , otherwise i would try to play with it by myself