Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-24, 13:32)roura97311 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thank you for this great update.
I have a problem with accents when AS downloads Fanart.
For Céline Dion he downloads the Fanart in this form cline-dion-4f3a7a0a14618.jpg. Accents are not displayed.

I am running Leia 18.5 and AS in version 3.2.0 Beta2

regards

AS only makes images available to a skin to display.  Any text that is displayed is a function of the skin and how the song is stored in the music database, which in turn is a function of the metadata tags.  Alternatively, if the song is derived from a plugin, then it's up to the plugin developer to provide the text that the skin displays.

If you mean the filename that the download image is given, not how Kodi displays, that I guess is a function of how the source names a file (I might be wrong about this).  What's important is that the artist name for the song agrees with what the scrape sites expect.  I'd have to look, but I think AS does do some normalization of names, so certain variations in the exact way the name is stored (utf-8 encoded) can still find the right artist at the scrape sites.

scott s.
(2020-01-24, 13:32)roura97311 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thank you for this great update.
I have a problem with accents when AS downloads Fanart.
For Céline Dion he downloads the Fanart in this form cline-dion-4f3a7a0a14618.jpg. Accents are not displayed.

I am running Leia 18.5 and AS in version 3.2.0 Beta2

regards

That's the name of the file from the source.  I think that's from fanart.tv.  They apparently deal with extended character sets by simply deleting any character that isn't either a standard letter or number.
HI , I have Xonfluence skin v 4.0.10 installed using Kodi v 18.5 , Is the Xonfluence skin compable using Artist slideshow v3.1.0 , Having proplems getting Artist Slideshow to work Thanks..
(2020-01-25, 16:56)marson Wrote: [ -> ]HI , I have Xonfluence skin v 4.0.10 installed using Kodi v 18.5 , Is the Xonfluence skin compable using Artist slideshow v3.1.0 , Having proplems getting Artist Slideshow to work Thanks..
You'll need to check with the skin authors about that.  It looks like there's a Xonfluence thread at:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346302

edit: nevermind, I see you posted the same question there.  Please try and avoid posting the same question in multiple places on the forum.
Seems like AS ignores images stored in subfolders.
My art is in
Artist information/Artist/extrafanart

Only art in Artist root is shown, those stored in extrafanart aren't.
(2020-01-26, 18:02)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like AS ignores images stored in subfolders.
My art is in
Artist information/Artist/extrafanart

Only art in Artist root is shown, those stored in extrafanart aren't.

Yes, that is true.  AS only shows information from a given folder, not it's sub folders.  But which folder it uses depends on the settings you are using.

1- addon_data folder
For this setting AS looks in addon_data/script.artistslideshow/Artist Slideshow/<ARTISTNAME>/ for images.

2- custom folder
For this setting you set a directory (I'll call it DIR).  By default AS then looks in DIR/<ARTISTNAME>/extrafanart/ for art.  You can tell as to use a name different than extrafanart to look in something like DIR/<ARTISTNAME>/myart/.  You can also turn off the extrafanart option and have it look in just DIR/<ARTISTNAME>/.

3- Kodi 18 Artist Information Folder
AS looks in the directory defined by Kodi for Artist Information (I'll call it KDIR) for files that start with the name fanart.  So AS looks in KDIR/<ARTISTNAME>/fanart*

I hope this helps you figure out, based on your needs, what settings to use.  There is complete documentation for all the settings on the Artist Slideshow Wiki page (link in my signature).
@pkscout 
I am kinda confused on how the new version is working. I've changed the code to a simple image control but the only image that i see (after 4-5 seconds) is the player fanart.
I checked the AS addon_data folder but the folders there are all empty. What am i missing here?

Also, why we need the multiimage control for the old version while the addon has updated to 3.x.x?

Thanks
Nessus
(2020-01-27, 12:13)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout 
I am kinda confused on how the new version is working. I've changed the code to a simple image control but the only image that i see (after 4-5 seconds) is the player fanart.
I checked the AS addon_data folder but the folders there are all empty. What am i missing here?

Also, why we need the multiimage control for the old version while the addon has updated to 3.x.x?

Thanks
Nessus
By default all the download services are disabled (that was an intentional choice to reduce load on those services).  So if you want to download art you need to go into the AS settings (the IMAGES section) and turn one (or both) of them on.  The example for the skin XML was done during transition, so the idea was to provide a way for skins to update *before* AS 3.x came out that still worked with 2.x.  At this point that could still be a choice you make (in case some folks using your skin haven't updated yet), but you don't need the multi-image control if you're sure everyone is on (or can upgrade to) AS 3.x.
@pkscout ok, make sense. Thanks for the info.

FYI, the first time that i enabled the service i got the following script error and AS was not working...
xml:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'Main' object has no attribute 'SLIDESHOW'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 5, in <module>
  slideshow = ArtistSlideshow.Main()
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\lib\artistslideshow.py", line 287, in __init__
  self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\lib\artistslideshow.py", line 1138, in _use_correct_artwork
  self.IMAGESFOUND = self.IMAGESFOUND or self.SLIDESHOW.AddImage( xbmc.getInfoLabel( 'Player.Art(artist.fanart)' ) )
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'SLIDESHOW'
-->End of Python script error report<--

After restarting Kodi everything worked fine.

Cheers
Nessus
(2020-01-28, 21:11)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout ok, make sense. Thanks for the info.

FYI, the first time that i enabled the service i got the following script error and AS was not working...
xml:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'Main' object has no attribute 'SLIDESHOW'
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 5, in <module>
  slideshow = ArtistSlideshow.Main()
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\lib\artistslideshow.py", line 287, in __init__
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\lib\artistslideshow.py", line 1138, in _use_correct_artwork
  self.IMAGESFOUND = self.IMAGESFOUND or self.SLIDESHOW.AddImage( xbmc.getInfoLabel( 'Player.Art(artist.fanart)' ) )
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'SLIDESHOW'

After restarting Kodi everything worked fine.

Cheers
Nessus

The error is isolation is not of any help.  I would need to see a full debug log with the error.
Hello,
I have a problem with AS
The background done that:
"Artist Slideshow Update Alert
Your recently updated Artist Slideshow, and the skin you are using does not yet support the new sideshow display method."
Please can you help me 
Thanks
(2020-01-30, 01:47)Manimax Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have a problem with AS
The background done that:
"Artist Slideshow Update Alert
Your recently updated Artist Slideshow, and the skin you are using does not yet support the new sideshow display method."
Please can you help me 
Thanks
You will need to contact the author of the skin you are using and ask them to update it.  Alternatively, you can download the old 2.x version of AS and keep using it.  If you do that, you need to uninstall AS, then install from the zip, then set it not to update.  You can get 2.1.5 (the last 2.x version) at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-2.1.5.zip
(2020-01-30, 06:10)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-30, 01:47)Manimax Wrote: [ -> ][font][font]Bonjour, [/font][/font]
[font][font]j'ai un problème avec AS [/font][/font]
[font][font]L'arrière-plan a fait cela: [/font][/font]
[font][font]"Alerte de mise à jour du diaporama d'artiste [/font][/font]
[font][font]Votre diaporama d'artiste récemment mis à jour et le skin que vous utilisez ne prennent pas encore en charge la nouvelle méthode d'affichage du diaporama." [/font][/font]
[font][font]S'il vous plaît pouvez-vous m'aider  [/font][/font]
[font][font]Merci[/font][/font]
[font][font]Vous devrez contacter l'auteur du skin que vous utilisez et lui demander de le mettre à jour. [/font][font]Alternativement, vous pouvez télécharger l'ancienne version 2.x d'AS et continuer à l'utiliser. [/font][font]Si vous faites cela, vous devez désinstaller AS, puis installer à partir du zip, puis le configurer pour ne pas mettre à jour. [/font][font]Vous pouvez obtenir 2.1.5 (la dernière version 2.x) sur: [/font][/font]

[font][font]https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/download/script.artistslideshow/script.artistslideshow-2.1.5. Zip *: français[/font][/font] 

[font][font]Ça ne marche pas[/font][/font]
@Manimax

We are an English forum. Please also post the English translation.
AS is crashing for me when I play an Artist where all the info (nfos) is already stored (on my nas), when changing the Storage option for the info to the addon folder it works fine.
Quote:2020-02-07 14:17:11.720 T:3927069408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'nfs://192.168.0.70/volume1/Media/Musik/!Art/Info/Michael Jackson/information/lastfmartistsimilar.nfo'
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                slideshow.Start()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/lib/artistslideshow.py", line 288, in Start
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/lib/artistslideshow.py", line 1210, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._get_artistinfo()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/lib/artistslideshow.py", line 522, in _get_artistinfo
                                                self.SIMILAR = self._get_artistsimilar()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/lib/artistslideshow.py", line 508, in _get_artistsimilar
                                                similar_artists, loglines = self.SIMILARPLUGINS['objs'][plugin_name[1]].getSimilarArtists( similar_params )
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/plugins/lastfm.py", line 113, in getSimilarArtists
                                                xmldata = _xmltree.fromstring( py2_encode( self._get_data( filepath, cachefilepath, url_params ) ) )
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/plugins/lastfm.py", line 182, in _get_data
                                                if self._update_cache( filepath, cachefilepath ):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/plugins/lastfm.py", line 208, in _update_cache
                                                if time.time() - os.path.getmtime( filepath ) < self._get_cache_time( cachefilepath ):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 62, in getmtime
                                                return os.stat(filename).st_mtime
                                            OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'nfs://192.168.0.70/volume1/Media/Musik/!Art/Info/Michael Jackson/information/lastfmartistsimilar.nfo'

full log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vavusacoxa.kodi