Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-04-03, 08:38)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 06:26)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-02, 21:04)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]Skins sometimes have a different way of kicking off artist slideshow (or enabling it).  I'd be happy to look at a debug log (with Kodi and AS debug logging on), but if it's only happening with Transparency! you might check in the support thread for that skin.
The Transparency forum didn't offer any solution to the problem. I looked at the AS Wiki and there's this instruction:

"If you want to manually add support for AS to an existing skin, you need to add/update a few things in MusicVisualization.xml.
To run the script:
<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>"

My questions are these:

Which MusicVisualization.xml (What is the path?)
Do I need add this line to the script or edit a pre-existing line?
That file is in the skin folder, which is in your userdata/addons directory. Where that is depends a bit on your platform.  I can't say whether you have to add the line or edit an existing one, since that depends on if the skin already has an onload section.
If it doesn't have the line, would the line go at the beginning?
(2021-04-03, 08:40)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 08:38)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 06:26)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]The Transparency forum didn't offer any solution to the problem. I looked at the AS Wiki and there's this instruction:

"If you want to manually add support for AS to an existing skin, you need to add/update a few things in MusicVisualization.xml.
To run the script:
<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>"

My questions are these:

Which MusicVisualization.xml (What is the path?)
Do I need add this line to the script or edit a pre-existing line?
That file is in the skin folder, which is in your userdata/addons directory. Where that is depends a bit on your platform.  I can't say whether you have to add the line or edit an existing one, since that depends on if the skin already has an onload section.
If it doesn't have the line, would the line go at the beginning?

Not right at the very beginning. These are XML files, you you have to understand a little bit about XML tags. I think you can safely put it right after the main window element, which is likely the first line of the file.
hi I'm not sure if it is me but I'm running kodi 19 on android and updated slideshow and have it working
but all the new images seem zoomed for some reason. I would try it with a theme if one was working I am
using the default kodi skin .

rew88
(2021-04-11, 10:33)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]hi I'm not sure if it is me but I'm running kodi 19 on android and updated slideshow and have it working
but all the new images seem zoomed for some reason. I would try it with a theme if one was working I am

rew88
The display of the images is up to the skin.  Estuary makes sure to fill the screen, so if you have images whose aspect ratio doesn't match your screen, Estuary will zoom and crop them.  I do have an Estuary mod for Matrix that (among other things) gives you the option of leaving the images in their original aspect ratio.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356349
(2021-04-12, 00:20)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-11, 10:33)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]hi I'm not sure if it is me but I'm running kodi 19 on android and updated slideshow and have it working

rew88
The display of the images is up to the skin.  Estuary makes sure to fill the screen, so if you have images whose aspect ratio doesn't match your screen, Estuary will zoom and crop them.  I do have an Estuary mod for Matrix that (among other things) gives you the option of leaving the images in their original aspect ratio.

Thanks pk that explains a lot will probably revert to a version of kodi more compatible with my addons
rew88
(2021-04-12, 01:20)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-12, 00:20)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]

rew88

Thanks pk that explains a lot will probably revert to a version of kodi more compatible with my addons
rew88
Estuary on Leia was the same way.  I'd encourage you to stick it out with Matrix and, where needed, check with the individual add-on developers for add-ons that don't work in Matrix yet. Leia is not being actively supported any longer, so you're going to have to move to Matrix at some point in the near to mid future anyway.
Hi guys.

I've been using Titan for years now, but with Kodi Matrix I've changed to Aeon Tajo. When using Artist slide Show, it only downloads 4 images for slideshow. It didn't when I last used it years ago. A feature or limit I can change?

Tnx in advance
(2021-04-13, 20:53)deeps452 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys.

I've been using Titan for years now, but with Kodi Matrix I've changed to Aeon Tajo. When using Artist slide Show, it only downloads 4 images for slideshow. It didn't when I last used it years ago. A feature or limit I can change?

Tnx in advance
AS doesn't limit the number of images downloaded, and I can't for the life of me think how the skin would limit that.  I'd need to see a debug log (with both Kodi and AS debug logging on) showing only four images being downloaded for an artist where you know they have more than four images in one of the services.
Hello
I'm on Kodi matrix + the Titan Mod skin.
As the internal visualization (slideshow) does not work for me, I happily installed Artist Slideshow which works fine.
I would like one thing:

Is there a way to display the artist's clearart?

The latter appears in lists and information panels, but hardly ever during playback.
I can't find the syntax to add.
Thank you for this excellent Product.
(2021-04-16, 16:59)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I'm on Kodi matrix + the Titan Mod skin.
As the internal visualization (slideshow) does not work for me, I happily installed Artist Slideshow which works fine.
I would like one thing:

Is there a way to display the artist's clearart?

The latter appears in lists and information panels, but hardly ever during playback.
I can't find the syntax to add.
Thank you for this excellent Product.
That's a question for the Titan Mod folks. AS doesn't download any clearart, and the skin is responsible for all image display anyway.
Hi
Thank you.
I know it's the skin. ( matrix migration need some adjusts)
Suggest :
As AS could read artist fanart folder, may be, in the future AS could read and display clearlogo.
Regards.
(2021-04-17, 08:24)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Thank you.
I know it's the skin. ( matrix migration need some adjusts)
Suggest :
As AS could read artist fanart folder, may be, in the future AS could read and display clearlogo.
Regards.
You're still not understanding. Artist Slideshow only downloads images and tells the skins they are there. The skins DO ALL THE DISPLAY.  Kodi (at least as of Kodi 19 for sure) will already download clearart and clearlogo for artists, so it's there for the skins to use already. Having AS download it or advertise it to the skin would be redundant.
Artist Slideshow only downloads images and tells the skins
Hi
Ok, i understand now..
It's a skin / or skin helperservice issue in my case.
Regards
Hello pkscout Smile ...Artist Slideshow Addon... this is one off the best Addon a long Time for me and have a Problem with Kodi 20 N.

Kodi.Log

Sorry... my english is not so good.
(2021-04-25, 12:35)Ronny3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello pkscout Smile ...Artist Slideshow Addon... this is one off the best Addon a long Time for me and have a Problem with Kodi 20 N.

Kodi.Log

Sorry... my english is not so good.
There are a few of Python calls that were depreciated in Kodi 19 and removed for Kodi 20.  Artist Slideshow still uses one of those. I do have an update for that issue, but I want to bundle it with some other changes I need to make. So for now AS will not work with the nightly Kodi 20 builds.