Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Which skin works with Kodi19 Matrix please?

Cheers
(2021-04-26, 14:20)Caesarius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Which skin works with Kodi19 Matrix please?

Cheers
Quite a view in Kodi 19:-
ImageImage
Sorry...I mean with the artist slideshow addon.
(2021-04-25, 20:35)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 12:35)Ronny3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello pkscout Smile ...Artist Slideshow Addon... this is one off the best Addon a long Time for me and have a Problem with Kodi 20 N.

Kodi.Log

Sorry... my english is not so good.
There are a few of Python calls that were depreciated in Kodi 19 and removed for Kodi 20.  Artist Slideshow still uses one of those. I do have an update for that issue, but I want to bundle it with some other changes I need to make. So for now AS will not work with the nightly Kodi 20 builds.
Thanks for the Info...pkscout...can wait for AS Update with other changes.
(2021-04-26, 15:01)Caesarius Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...I mean with the artist slideshow addon.
Unfortunately there's no easy way to maintain a list of skins that support Artist Slideshow, so I don't know. I do know that the default Estuary skin supports AS as well as Arctic Horizon (which hasn't been officially released yet but is available for testing), but only because I use those to to one extent or another.
(2021-04-26, 18:35)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-26, 15:01)Caesarius Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...I mean with the artist slideshow addon.
Unfortunately there's no easy way to maintain a list of skins that support Artist Slideshow, so I don't know. I do know that the default Estuary skin supports AS as well as Arctic Horizon (which hasn't been officially released yet but is available for testing), but only because I use those to to one extent or another.

Aeon Nox SiLVO skin supports Artist Slideshow

Hi
Titan matrix mod with modified musicvisualisation.xml
Ad work.
Regards
I have a basic question. 
I'm running Matrix 19.1 with Estuary skin.  
I installed AS 3.1.1.  
How do I get it to display artist information when a song is playing? 
I've tried going to the visualization menu (both while a song is playing and in the Player options menu) and there isn't an option for Artist Slideshow.  
I tried using Run to start the add-on but nothing seems to happen.  
I forced a Library update and still nothing.  
Are there some default settings I need to change?  

I have the Generic Album and Information Scrapers enabled if that matters.  

Thanks
(2021-05-26, 01:43)RKCRLR Wrote: [ -> ]I have a basic question. 
I installed AS 3.1.1.  
I've tried going to the visualization menu (both while a song is playing and in the Player options menu) and there isn't an option for Artist Slideshow.  

Thanks
I'm pretty sure the stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information. Just the artwork.  I do have an Estuary mod that includes some other AS display stuff, so you might look at that. But just to let you know, I don't use that mod myself (I use Arctic Horizon day to day), but it is stable.  See my sig for the details on the mod.
(2021-05-27, 01:57)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
I installed AS 3.1.1.  

Thanks
I'm pretty sure the stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information. Just the artwork.  I do have an Estuary mod that includes some other AS display stuff, so you might look at that. But just to let you know, I don't use that mod myself (I use Arctic Horizon day to day), but it is stable.  See my sig for the details on the mod.

Interesting.  I was referred to this add-on because it was thought that Estuary did support artist information.  I do know I can see artist information, it just doesn't show while playing.  

Because of some previous experience and the WAF I want to stick with the official Kodi skin.  

How do I get the artwork to work?  

Thanks
(2021-05-27, 02:49)RKCRLR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-27, 01:57)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
I installed AS 3.1.1.  

Thanks

Interesting.  I was referred to this add-on because it was thought that Estuary did support artist information.  I do know I can see artist information, it just doesn't show while playing.  

Because of some previous experience and the WAF I want to stick with the official Kodi skin.  

Thanks
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information while music is playing (which you have discovered). If you've gone into the AS settings and turned on the download for at least one music artwork source, AS should display artwork in the background when ever you bring up the full screen music without having to do anything else.

BTW, if the artist information while playing music is really important, you might at least take a look at my Estuary mod. It's like 99% stock Estuary with some more flexibility on how the main menu is ordered (and the extra AS stuff). You could probably swap it in and not really notice at all that you had changed it.
(2021-05-27, 13:49)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-27, 01:57)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information. Just the artwork.  I do have an Estuary mod that includes some other AS display stuff, so you might look at that. But just to let you know, I don't use that mod myself (I use Arctic Horizon day to day), but it is stable.  See my sig for the details on the mod.

Thanks
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information while music is playing (which you have discovered). If you've gone into the AS settings and turned on the download for at least one music artwork source, AS should display artwork in the background when ever you bring up the full screen music without having to do anything else.

BTW, if the artist information while playing music is really important, you might at least take a look at my Estuary mod. It's like 99% stock Estuary with some more flexibility on how the main menu is ordered (and the extra AS stuff). You could probably swap it in and not really notice at all that you had changed it.

I've enabled images from both fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com, and enabled show notifications during image downloads.  

However, I don't see any notifications when I press Run.  And when I play a song I just see panning of a single image.  

I may try your Estuary Mod skin but I've previously had some problems that turned out to be related to a skin I was using.  It took a while to troubleshoot.
(2021-05-27, 17:54)RKCRLR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-27, 02:49)RKCRLR Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting.  I was referred to this add-on because it was thought that Estuary did support artist information.  I do know I can see artist information, it just doesn't show while playing.  

Thanks

I've enabled images from both fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com, and enabled show notifications during image downloads.  

However, I don't see any notifications when I press Run.  And when I play a song I just see panning of a single image.  

I may try your Estuary Mod skin but I've previously had some problems that turned out to be related to a skin I was using.  It took a while to troubleshoot.
I'd need to see a debug log to see what's going on. You need to enable debug logging in Kodi **and** in the AS settings.
(2021-05-28, 20:55)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-27, 17:54)RKCRLR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-27, 13:49)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I should have been more clear. The stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information while music is playing (which you have discovered). If you've gone into the AS settings and turned on the download for at least one music artwork source, AS should display artwork in the background when ever you bring up the full screen music without having to do anything else.

I'd need to see a debug log to see what's going on. You need to enable debug logging in Kodi **and** in the AS settings.

Well, I enabled debugging and played a song.  I saw a notice that AS was downloading images and then the images started displaying.  I stopped debug and it is still working.  So I guess the threat of debugging scared it into working  Blush

Thanks for your offer of help.
(2021-05-27, 01:57)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the stock Estuary doesn't support display of artist information. Just the artwork.  I do have an Estuary mod that includes some other AS display stuff, so you might look at that. But just to let you know, I don't use that mod myself (I use Arctic Horizon day to day), but it is stable.  See my sig for the details on the mod.

Thanks

I've installed your Estuary mod and have been using it for a couple of weeks now (Thanks!).  One thing I've discovered is there is no longer a TV submenu for Channel Groups.  I went to Skin settings>Catagories but there only 2 options for TV submenus, and neither one can be changed to Channel Groups.  

Am I missing something?