Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out the wiki page on how to override a specific artist and use local artwork instead. This will require you to manually download artwork for the correct artist, but at least you'll get the right images. There is unfortunately no way to tell Last.FM to return a different artist, and I'm not really sure how last.FM decides what to return when there are multiple artists with the same name.
(2013-03-04, 22:42)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]Check out the wiki page on how to override a specific artist and use local artwork instead. This will require you to manually download artwork for the correct artist, but at least you'll get the right images. There is unfortunately no way to tell Last.FM to return a different artist, and I'm not really sure how last.FM decides what to return when there are multiple artists with the same name.

Thanks for the fast reply. this here seems to be the correct page on Last.fm, no images for the correct artist on last.fm though.
Please delete my post - major brain fart!!!

My drives were re-mapped - needed to change the path ... great work guys ...

Hello all -

I have the slide show working (great plugin by the way, one of my favorites!) but i cant get it to play local artwork. I have changed the settings to say use local art first, and also changed it to use both etc ... no luck ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is my log

http://pastebin.com/H4Krkm9X

many thanks and thank you very much for all your hard great work

I see down by line 491 it says no local images found - however I do have images in that exact location
Hello guys, i have a quick question for the braves! Smile

i found that this addon places artist image here --> XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\

so i wonder if next time i listen to the same artist,
will it use whats already in there

or

it will redownload everything from the net again??

thanks Smile
(2013-03-07, 22:01)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]i found that this addon places artist image here --> XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\

so i wonder if next time i listen to the same artist,
will it use whats already in there

or

it will redownload everything from the net again??

By default AS will use the existing downloaded images next time. If it detects new images, it will download those, but not the existing ones. There is an option in the settings to set a maximum size for the image cache. If you have that enabled, then artist images will be deleted as you reach the limit you specified. In that case AS would again download all the images when needed.
thanks for the answer, so, let me ask in this way,

since AS already downloaded artist images,
now, how to prevent AS from downloading any new detected images?

meaning also, how to stop AS from accessing the internet?

thanks!!
Quite often when playing a second artist, the picture slideshow is still showing the images for the last artist I was playing, anyone have this issue? Using Aeon MQ4 Skin.

Thanks
yes, it happens to me too sometimes.
(2013-03-08, 00:15)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]since AS already downloaded artist images,
now, how to prevent AS from downloading any new detected images?

meaning also, how to stop AS from accessing the internet?

The only thing I can think of suggesting is to go into the settings and disable both last.fm and htbackdrops downloading. I'm pretty sure that will keep AS from making any Internet connection to download images. T make absolutely sure AS makes no kind of Internet connection at all, you should also disable the download of additional artist information.

(2013-03-08, 00:41)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]Quite often when playing a second artist, the picture slideshow is still showing the images for the last artist I was playing, anyone have this issue? Using Aeon MQ4 Skin.

Please post a debug log. I can almost bet I know exactly what error ill see, but I haven't been able to figure out I what circumstances the error gets generated, and I've never been able to reproduce it. I've got a couple of ideas, but I need some more log files to try and see if I can find the pattern.
(2013-03-08, 08:16)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-08, 00:41)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]Quite often when playing a second artist, the picture slideshow is still showing the images for the last artist I was playing, anyone have this issue? Using Aeon MQ4 Skin.

Please post a debug log. I can almost bet I know exactly what error ill see, but I haven't been able to figure out I what circumstances the error gets generated, and I've never been able to reproduce it. I've got a couple of ideas, but I need some more log files to try and see if I can find the pattern.

Just turned on debug logging but its working OK now and can't reproduce, next time I see it happening will turn on debug logging again and try and post it.

Thank you.
good idea pkscuot, thanks Smile
Its doing it now, playing slideshow images for Pink Floyd whilst I am actually playing other artists. I uploaded the XBMC log file here

Thanks
(2013-03-08, 17:22)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]Its doing it now, playing slideshow images for Pink Floyd whilst I am actually playing other artists. I uploaded the XBMC log file here

OK, you're having a different problem. It looks like to me that AS quit after playback stopped (as it should) but didn't get all the window properties unset before the window disappear. After that AS thought it was still running and exited. I have updated the code in the 1.5.1 beta that eliminates a one second pause before unsetting the window properties. So that may take care of that problem. Of course it might introduce some others.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

I'm in the office right now so haven't actually tested the updated code at all. So it really could crash on something as simple as a syntax error. I'll test it more when I get home.
i'll try this 1.5.1 beta too when i get home and have a chance,,,

the issue happens to me too sometimes, and when it does,

i just hit the X key on my keyboard so the music stops playing,

and then i hit ENTER again after a second or 2, AS seems to work OK after that,
Don't know if I did this correctly? I downloaded the beta .zip file and just installed over the top as a add-on from a zip, it says its version 1.5.1 will see if it fixes the problem. Thanks pkscuot for looking in to it.

Cheers