Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Not sure if I have something strange happening when now playing Massive Attack ?

Who is the female artist in the screen shot?

AS is set to use Fanart.tv and TheAudioDB I cannot see on these sites, that image of the unknown to me female artist.

Looking in the extrafanart sub-folder on the server the file for this image is named: massive-attack-51ba1a9967454.jpg

Think this is not an AS file? So must have come from CDArtManager. However looking at the fanarts for Massive Attack in the CDArtManager add-on I cannot see that image in there either.

So not sure where the image has come from? Or who it is? Maybe its a featuring artist ?

Thanks
(2014-03-18, 22:24)rskadk Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to let the plugin download images with lower resolution - for faster image playback when playing a song?

I don't believe so. AS gets it's list of images from three sources; htbackdrops.org, TheAudioDB, and Fanart.TV. As far as I know, none of those sites provide an API call to download lower resolution images.

(2014-03-19, 02:25)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]Looking in the extrafanart sub-folder on the server the file for this image is named: massive-attack-51ba1a9967454.jpg

That is definitely not an image AS downloaded. AS hashes the image name, so images downloaded by AS will always appear as an eight character file name with letters and numbers followed by a period and then a three character file extension (i.e. 2e2a051d.jpg).
Hi again,

Is it possible to dim the music playback slideshow pictures? I don't know if this is a setting regarding this plugin, or it's a skin setting?
(2014-03-24, 22:10)rskadk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

Is it possible to dim the music playback slideshow pictures? I don't know if this is a setting regarding this plugin, or it's a skin setting?

If such a thing can be done, it would be via the skin.
Hi pkscuot, just to tell you a little bug I noticed about local override folder, and most particularly about dicography albums handmade with nfo files and thumbnails well set up in override folder.

I am using the official skin Ace of Marcos Qui on Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" (x86 architecture) and the latest (today's) XBMC Gotham nightly build. I linked with smb protocol my tab with a homemade media server (windows se7en) where all my music is stored. All is working pretty well (including your script) excepting the override folder.

My options are :

- Download, htbackdrops and other sites pictures activated (I want to leave it on download pictures because I also use spotimc and I know that even if it is set on download, it will first use the local files if it is activated)
- Download additional info
- Use local files first
- Override folder : smb/blablabla/...../Music

In that case like I said it doesn't work. Instead of my local pictures I have remote ones.

But if I copy the "Music folder" directly on the sd card of my tab (with just the override folder of each artist on it it), then just change the path on :

-Override folder : sdcard/blablabla/...../Music

It works ! The good local pictures of the artist discography are used.

I suspect a timeout bug on this. My explanation : The script doesn't wait for a long time before downloading remote pictures. If it doesn't find local pictures quickly (case of an smb share), it starts downloading remotes one.
Do you agree on this or am I completely high ?

Can you test if you have this kind of configuration and find a way to solve it ? It's a real pain in the ass having to copy the override folder of each artist on the sd card and most of all not space friendly for small sd cards.

Thank you in advance ! Wink
(2014-03-28, 00:49)Lockos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscuot, just to tell you a little bug I noticed about local override folder, and most particularly about dicography albums handmade with nfo files and thumbnails well set up in override folder.

I am using the official skin Ace of Marcos Qui on Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" (x86 architecture) and the latest (today's) XBMC Gotham nightly build. I linked with smb protocol my tab with a homemade media server (windows se7en) where all my music is stored. All is working pretty well (including your script) excepting the override folder.

<snip>

But if I copy the "Music folder" directly on the sd card of my tab (with just the override folder of each artist on it it), then just change the path on :

Technically Artist Slideshow doesn't display any images or text at all. It provides information to the skin, and then the skin displays all that. What I've seen is that if you try and display an image or directory of images from a smb link within XBMC, nothing ever shows. If the images are local, or you can mount the drive on your local system and point to it that way, then it works. I think that's the same problem you are having here, and I've never found another work around other than locally mounting the external file system. I'm just not sure how to (or if you can) do that on Android.

To try and confirm this, go to your skin and try and select a folder of images to display in the background of one of your home menu items. If you point that to a smb share, I'm relatively sure you'll get nothing.
(2014-03-28, 01:55)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 00:49)Lockos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscuot, just to tell you a little bug I noticed about local override folder, and most particularly about dicography albums handmade with nfo files and thumbnails well set up in override folder.

<snip>

Technically Artist Slideshow doesn't display any images or text at all. It provides information to the skin, and then the skin displays all that. What I've seen is that if you try and display an image or directory of images from a smb link within XBMC, nothing ever shows. If the images are local, or you can mount the drive on your local system and point to it that way, then it works. I think that's the same problem you are having here, and I've never found another work around other than locally mounting the external file system. I'm just not sure how to (or if you can) do that on Android.

To try and confirm this, go to your skin and try and select a folder of images to display in the background of one of your home menu items. If you point that to a smb share, I'm relatively sure you'll get nothing.

Okay thanks for the heads up ! : Wink: but allow me to think that you're wrong on this Big Grin

I just make Ace displaying all my artworks, and extrafanarts for artists on the home menu via a samba share.

It's really weird because I use a folder named "slideshow" within each artist folder and containing extrafanarts with Artist slideshow and this works. Looks like only the override folder (and nfo and jpg files within it) are concerned. I'm quite lost on this, but if you say that you can't for the moment make it better I understand Wink
(2014-03-28, 02:19)Lockos Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks for the heads up ! : Wink: but allow me to think that you're wrong on this Big Grin

I just make Ace displaying all my artworks, and extrafanarts for artists on the home menu via a samba share.

It's really weird because I use a folder named "slideshow" within each artist folder and containing extrafanarts with Artist slideshow and this works. Looks like only the override folder (and nfo and jpg files within it) are concerned. I'm quite lost on this, but if you say that you can't for the moment make it better I understand Wink

No worries. I've accused of many worse things than being wrong. Wink

I'll see if I can find some time to recreate this on my test setup. In the meantime, could I get a debug log of the not working option? Display is still really a skin thing, but maybe it's something with the way the information is passed to the skin.
(2012-03-06, 22:51)pkscuot Wrote: [ -> ]With the release of Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 and the change of maintainers, Ronie and I decided it was a good time to start a new thread.

As of the date of the last update on this post, the current version of Artist Slideshow is 1.5.9.

Artist Slideshow Features
  • displays slideshow as background for music visualization (must use a compatible skin or update skin using the instructions below)
  • option to have artist images downloaded and/or use a local directory of artist images
  • option for a fallback slideshow if no local or remote images are found
  • option to have a single slideshow displayed regardless of artist playing
  • downloads artwork from fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com, and htbackdrops.org to display as background for music visualization
  • options to download artist bio and other additional information from the audiodb.com with fallback to last.fm (skin must support display of this information)
  • option to limit size of download cache
  • support for internet streams that put the artist name in the XBMC title field
  • support for other addons using Artist Slideshow to provide the background

For a complete list of options as well as instructions for skin and addon integration, please see the Artist Slideshow Addon wiki page.

Where can I download that? I need install as ZIP model.
Thanks
(2014-04-04, 04:46)affslc Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I download that? I need install as ZIP model.

Go to the wiki page (in my signature and linked in the first post) and select the source code link on the right hand side. There is a link on that page to download a zip.

Please note that the downloads on that page are often beta (or even experimental), and you will have to keep it up to date manually as well. You really would be much better off to get the add-on from the official repo if at all possible.
I am having an issue with Artist Slideshow 1.6.3. I am using the modded confluence skin and artist slideshow is working with one issue. All my albums have thumbs and fanart associated with each artist and when I go fullscreen playing music the fanart is displayed constantly in front of the artist slideshow. I can see that the script is changing the pics behind the fanart picture but both are visible simultaneously on screen. Is there a setting I've missed which disables artist fanart while in fullscreen so that the artist slideshow pics are completely visible?
system -> appearance -> skin -> settings -> background options

Enable HIDE FANART IN FULL SCEEN VISUALIZATION

That should do it.
Cheers. That did the trick. So many options in xmbc Smile
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.3.2
- full support for remote file systems
- fix for constant download of images
- fix for exclusions file being ignored

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

This version should now allow you to set a local image file path using any path supported by XBMC without having to map a drive in your OS. So things like smb and nfs should work now.
Installed 1.6.3.2 & removed my mapped music folder in lieu of an smb path for AS-Helper & not sure if this is a new issue or what, but AS is downloading fanart to the add-on data folder even though the artist has an extrafanart folder with most of the same images. For example, there is now an ...addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\720cf2e0 folder with most of the same images as ...\Music\Coldplay\extrafanart. Is there something I have configured wrong?