Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-27, 10:40)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]ok .. maybe i uploaded the wrong logfile?! So heres a new one: http://ge.tt/6NoCbL92/v/0?c

To reproduce i installed a fresh Kodi 14.0 and AS is still not Autostarting. Interesting is that XF1080 Skin does allow to force AS starting upon play - and THIS WORKS in a second after playing something ... Screenshot: http://ge.tt/1EZTcL92/v/0?c

The log shows AS is running and downloading art as I would expect. I even see where it is telling the skin where the folder is. AS isn't responsible for actually showing the images, just telling the skin where it is. So from what I can tell AS is working fine. If you're having a problem with images not showing, you may need to contact the skin developer.
OK i see ... Thanks for serving me! By the way ... this is done with Skin Maximinimalism ... but its also NOT working with Confuence and other AS compatible Skins ... only XF 1080 does it after enabling "Switch to AS upon play" ... if this happend on just one device .. OK .. But i have 5 XBMC/Kodi (Raspi, Intel NUC, WIN) and they´re all not autostarting (displaying) AS ... need to press back - back - to display AS
Hey, can't use local folder for artist for some reason, I might missing something...

I have HTPC-PC with all the music on it. C:\Albums\artist...\albums..\songs..
So I created a folder in this path: c:\Albums\Eminem\extrafanart
and in the addon settings I set "use both" (for art to download directly to extrafanart folder, right?)
then I set "use local artist folder" to smb://HTPC-PC/Albums (shared folder)

library is shared via mysql server (in my pc i have advancedsettings.xml with the ip of the HTPC-PC computer)

also tried to remove the artist folder from addon_data (ea6fef30) but it seems to always be recreated.
what am I missing ?
(2015-01-28, 11:53)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]OK i see ... Thanks for serving me! By the way ... this is done with Skin Maximinimalism ... but its also NOT working with Confuence and other AS compatible Skins ... only XF 1080 does it after enabling "Switch to AS upon play" ... if this happend on just one device .. OK .. But i have 5 XBMC/Kodi (Raspi, Intel NUC, WIN) and they´re all not autostarting (displaying) AS ... need to press back - back - to display AS

Are you referring to autoplaying music in fullscreen (instead of having to hit tab)? If so that can be accomplished by adding code to the skin the instructions to do so are here.
(2015-01-07, 20:24)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-07, 13:53)Bullsboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and a very Happy New Year to you

I am a huge fan of this addon and it's always one of the things I show off to people! I mostly use it with music addons like the Radio addon and TuneIn. Recently one of the stations I listen to has changed the way it shows Artist/Track info from the traditional Artist - Track format into Track by Artist. Consequently the addon fails to find anything (I'm guessing it's looking for the track title as an artist). The station in question is TeamRock and they do the same thing on both Radio and TuneIn.

Is there any way the addon can work with this or should I listen to another station :-)

There isn't any easy way to figure out if the word "by" is part of an artist's name, the song, or a separator, so unfortunately AS won't be able to parse the information for that particular station

I emailed the station and they agreed to switch it to Artist-Track so it works now!
(2015-02-05, 21:35)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-28, 11:53)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]OK i see ... Thanks for serving me! By the way ... this is done with Skin Maximinimalism ... but its also NOT working with Confuence and other AS compatible Skins ... only XF 1080 does it after enabling "Switch to AS upon play" ... if this happend on just one device .. OK .. But i have 5 XBMC/Kodi (Raspi, Intel NUC, WIN) and they´re all not autostarting (displaying) AS ... need to press back - back - to display AS

Are you referring to autoplaying music in fullscreen (instead of having to hit tab)? If so that can be accomplished by adding code to the skin the instructions to do so are here.

Good Idea .. reported this already to the skin developer ... Thanks!
(2014-07-11, 09:16)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout Is there a property that could advise if ArtistSlideshow has fanart for the current artist available to show. My new problem is with the transparent background enabled and ArtistSlideshow is presenting an image that is not 16:9 the skin fallback image is showing up underneath, some users don't like this. Therefore would be nice to only allow skin background if ArtistSlideshow has transparent setting + Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) is empty or not ready.

(2014-07-11, 21:02)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-11, 09:16)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout Is there a property that could advise if ArtistSlideshow has fanart for the current artist available to show. My new problem is with the transparent background enabled and ArtistSlideshow is presenting an image that is not 16:9 the skin fallback image is showing up underneath, some users don't like this. Therefore would be nice to only allow skin background if ArtistSlideshow has transparent setting + Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) is empty or not ready.

There isn't one specifically. I need to look through the code and see if you can safely assume that Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) will be empty if there is no art. I'll look at either making sure Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) is empty until there is art OR add another window property. I should be able to look at it this weekend.

(2014-07-14, 01:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.8~beta2
- cleaned up startup process to better deal with script being started twice
- added new window property ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady (true if artwork available, empty otherwise)

I don't have any great way to test the new skin property, so I'm hoping one of the skin author's can see if it meets the needs.

This beta is available via my beta addon repo or at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...Ebeta2.zip

I have question related to ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady property. As a beginner skinner, I'm not sure if I'm using it right or if it's appropriate way to achieve what I'm trying. My goal is to show general music-related fanart pics from /various/extrafanart/ if there's no fanart available by artistslideshow. E.g some albums that have many contributing artists are located in folder "various" and it seems artist slideshow cannot pick extrafanart when a song from folder various is played. So I need to tell kodi when there's no image showed by artist slideshow.
I tried this:
this goes for slideshow:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady))</visible>
and this for extrafanart:
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady))</visible>
but no success yet.
This issue might suit better in skinning forum but I think this is quite simple problem so I try to seek help first here.

EDIT. I made some progress here, at least in troubleshooting. I managed to find out, that actually the lines that I described above tell kodi that there's no fanart provided by slideshow and kodi shows extrafanart from various folder according to the second line. But this only works, if there's no a song, that gets it's fanart from slideshow, before a song that gets fanart from various folder.
Here's example (and debug log also). I played songs in following order. second song gets it's fanart from slideshow and others from various folder:
1. alain sylvain - doux mystere IV
2. adele - rolling in the deep
3. alain sylvain - doux mystere IV

results: when song doux mystere is played first time, fanart is shown as expected. But there's no fanart when doux is played second time, just black screen. Whenever rolling in the deep is played there's fanart no matter what is played before or after.
Debug log http://pastebin.com/RWGrGzKk
(2015-02-17, 13:45)weirdinin Wrote: [ -> ]I have question related to ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady property. As a beginner skinner, I'm not sure if I'm using it right or if it's appropriate way to achieve what I'm trying. My goal is to show general music-related fanart pics from /various/extrafanart/ if there's no fanart available by artistslideshow. E.g some albums that have many contributing artists are located in folder "various" and it seems artist slideshow cannot pick extrafanart when a song from folder various is played. So I need to tell kodi when there's no image showed by artist slideshow.
I tried this:
this goes for slideshow:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady))</visible>
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady))</visible>
but no success yet.
This issue might suit better in skinning forum but I think this is quite simple problem so I try to seek help first here.

EDIT. I made some progress here, at least in troubleshooting. I managed to find out, that actually the lines that I described above tell kodi that there's no fanart provided by slideshow and kodi shows extrafanart from various folder according to the second line. But this only works, if there's no a song, that gets it's fanart from slideshow, before a song that gets fanart from various folder.
Here's example (and debug log also). I played songs in following order. second song gets it's fanart from slideshow and others from various folder:
1. alain sylvain - doux mystere IV
2. adele - rolling in the deep
3. alain sylvain - doux mystere IV

results: when song doux mystere is played first time, fanart is shown as expected. But there's no fanart when doux is played second time, just black screen. Whenever rolling in the deep is played there's fanart no matter what is played before or after.
Debug log http://pastebin.com/RWGrGzKk

You might be better off testing for the presence of "true" in ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady instead of using IsEmpty. ArtworkReady is empty at first, but after it is set to "true" and then set back,
it might not be considered empty anymore.

So, for slideshow:
<visible>StringCompare(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady),"true")</visible>
<visible>!StringCompare(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady),"true")</visible>

BTW, AS already has a method for using a fallback folder if no artwork is found for an artist. Check out the AS wiki page and look for fallback slideshow folder. That does require the user to setup something rather than it being done in the skin, but that way the user can decide what to do when no artwork is found.
thank you, thank very much! By setting AS's fallback folder solved the issue. Now it seems to work. Need to test further later when I have more time. lol I made that harder than it needed to be.
Hi, I have spent the last three days trying to pinpoint one issue causing AS not updating artists in some situations and at last got it... AS gets stuck when there is a song with lyrics displaying on screen... If I press ESC then the lyrics disappear and AS resumes its work, but as soon as the lyrics are displaying AS gets stuck... Is there any possible workaround? I have tried everything there is in your wiki including the line of demon=true but to no avail... I'm in Windows 7 - 64, skin aeon nox 4 shednox and script cu-lyrics...

Thanks in advance!
(2015-02-18, 03:18)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have spent the last three days trying to pinpoint one issue causing AS not updating artists in some situations and at last got it... AS gets stuck when there is a song with lyrics displaying on screen... If I press ESC then the lyrics disappear and AS resumes its work, but as soon as the lyrics are displaying AS gets stuck... Is there any possible workaround? I have tried everything there is in your wiki including the line of demon=true but to no avail... I'm in Windows 7 - 64, skin aeon nox 4 shednox and script cu-lyrics...

Without a debug log, there's no way to look into this. When you provide it, please make sure to turn debug logging on in the AS preferences as well.
(2015-02-18, 06:37)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 03:18)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have spent the last three days trying to pinpoint one issue causing AS not updating artists in some situations and at last got it... AS gets stuck when there is a song with lyrics displaying on screen... If I press ESC then the lyrics disappear and AS resumes its work, but as soon as the lyrics are displaying AS gets stuck... Is there any possible workaround? I have tried everything there is in your wiki including the line of demon=true but to no avail... I'm in Windows 7 - 64, skin aeon nox 4 shednox and script cu-lyrics...

Without a debug log, there's no way to look into this. When you provide it, please make sure to turn debug logging on in the AS preferences as well.

Here it is...

https://www.mediafire.com/?919qqvyqoj9wsjc

...what I did while recording the log was:

- Start music with automatic lyrics... the widget with AS shows images of similar artists and their names but is stuck in the first one.
- Press ESC and lyrics disappear from screen... music keeps on playing... the widget starts to cycle the artist's names and images as usual...
- Activate lyrics again... the widget inmediately gets stuck at the artist shown in that moment...

...thanks for your help Nod
(2015-02-18, 16:33)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is...

- Start music with automatic lyrics... the widget with AS shows images of similar artists and their names but is stuck in the first one.
- Press ESC and lyrics disappear from screen... music keeps on playing... the widget starts to cycle the artist's names and images as usual...
- Activate lyrics again... the widget inmediately gets stuck at the artist shown in that moment...

There's nothing in the log that indicates AS is doing anything it isn't suppose to do. AS really just sets a window property telling the skin where the artist's images are. After that it's all up to the skin. At this point the only thing I can suggest is to contact the skin author.
(2015-02-19, 02:25)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 16:33)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is...

There's nothing in the log that indicates AS is doing anything it isn't suppose to do. AS really just sets a window property telling the skin where the artist's images are. After that it's all up to the skin. At this point the only thing I can suggest is to contact the skin author.

Ok, I'll do it... thanks for your help.
Hey pkscout
I'm desperately trying to get AS to display something, but I fail on each of my
installs. What the heck am I doing wrong?
Here's an example log of my office PC running Windows 10, but I fail on Windows 8.1
as on 2012R2 and dito on an android device.

http://1drv.ms/1DIvTRP

1 log normal, 1 log run as admin
I would really appreciate some input on what's going wrong.

Thanks!
Guido