Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] Revive two excellent programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning All,

Now I am by no means a coder but I do like to get as much functionality out of my computers and gadgets as I can.

Well, I know a lot of you are familiar with Event Ghost and how amazing it is but as you will also know it was a small community.

While using event ghost I have come across two plugins with great potential that I feel if one or several of you gifted individuals saw fit you could transform this plugins from potential to greatness.

The plugins are:

EventGhost for Droid
EventGhost for Android - This basically gives allows you to trigger events on your event ghost PC via your android device. It also receives events too.
For Example - On running XBMC an event can be sent to the android device which triggers the layout you use as a remote.

The plugin works and works well but I feel it could do so much more.

Event Receiver

The XBMC to event ghost event receiver - exactly what it says on the tin..
Again this works but the events received at the moment aren't exactly straight forward and I feel someone with the right ability could really lift this plugin to make it essential for any XBMC user..

Now, the only reason I have posted this here for all comers is because the original plugin authors don't seem to be around or working on the projects and I feel its a shame to waste such potential.

Even I was writing this I thought: how cool would it be if you launched your advanced launcher SNES rom and a picture displaying the controls displayed on your tablet or maybe if you launched a movie the plot and rating etc displayed on the tablet.

The possibilities are endless
Sorry... but why here? And why in General Help and Support?
This is EventGhost specific...
Why not using a xbmc remote app? I use XBMC Commander on my iPad and don't even need eventghost for doing all this what you wrote ...
HenryFord Wrote:Sorry... but why here? And why in General Help and Support?
This is EventGhost specific...

This topic covers a lot of subjects therefore is general

Memphiz Wrote:Why not using a xbmc remote app? I use XBMC Commander on my iPad and don't even need eventghost for doing all this what you wrote ...

Not the same thing at all, think outside the box at the potential.
Zootoxin Wrote:This topic covers a lot of subjects therefore is general
No, it doesn't - but well, I wont do any backseat moderating here...

However:
I think that you will not get any answers to that questions - this is highly EventGhost specific... You want some plugins for EventGhost, so I would suggest to ask over at their forums.
HenryFord Wrote:No, it doesn't - but well, I wont do any backseat moderating here...

However:
I think that you will not get any answers to that questions - this is highly EventGhost specific... You want some plugins for EventGhost, so I would suggest to ask over at their forums.

I do agree that its very Event Ghost heavy but its using EG to get even more out of XBMC.

I posted here because the EG forums are almost silent and I know there are tons of very talented coders here who could pick up and run with these plugins.

I thought it was definitely worth a shot and wasn't expecting such opposition
I dont want to give strong opposition - all I'm asking is for more infos...
Since this is EG specific, you have to consider that maybe not everyone knows EG, or how to write plugins for it.
Specify why this would be benefical for XBMC, how one could help, programing language, etc... That would at least grant you a higher chance at getting a response.

I for one am very interested in the Event Receiver, but I still really can't figure out what it is supposed to do (probably because of my lack of knowledge around EG) and how I could benefit you (I think it is Python and that would mean I could take a look at it, but can't promise really much, my Python knowledge is limited)
Thanks for your response.

I have zero knowledge of coding so I can't even specify which langauge(s) event ghost uses making it difficult for me to explain the true potential properly.

As you may know Event Ghost is a fabulous piece of software that can control pretty much everything on a PC.

Event Ghost works by receiving an event and then performing an action - usually a remote control button press, the event receiver sends events back to Event Ghost from xbmc basically telling event ghost what is going on with xbmc.

Unfortunately at the moment the events received are pretty generic making it difficult to make use of this plugin with great potential.

If the plugin was researched and updated so the events were more precise I feel there is no end of uses.

For Example: if you had a remote with a limited number of buttons you could use Event Ghost to change the mapping when viewing pictures from the music layout..

The Event Ghost for Android is pretty much complete but needs more work on the layouts and overall usability.
Zootoxin Wrote:For Example: if you had a remote with a limited number of buttons you could use Event Ghost to change the mapping when viewing pictures from the music layout..
You can setup different sections in your keymaps - thus you don't need EG to change the mapping for your.
The keymap.xml for your device just has to be tweaked - search a little around in the forums to accomplish what you want.
Otherwise... Sorry, but I cant really see any use for that, I don't know what I would do with it. Thus I'm not looking into it...